Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want To Fit Cruise Control In My 1.8 Tdci (2008) Zetec

callmecheez

Anyone done this?

What's the cheapest way?

Made some enquiries today, and cheapest I found was a place who would fit an aftermarket (non-ford) cruise control for £445, which is quite expensive.

Thanks in advance!

edit: I should add- I have seen the guide in the 'Guides' section, but it looks complicated and way beyond something I could attempt.

I did mine, got the software and correct 2 speed cable and activated on the car (06 1.8TDCi)

You will need to source a correct steering wheel with cruise controls for a Focus 05>11 (Not a C-Max)

Got mine from eBay for £100

I'm in N.Yorks, if you need any help with activating the cruise control on the car I may be able to help. I just followed the instructions on the thread and it works perfectly. One of the best things I've done.

I did mine, got the software and correct 2 speed cable and activated on the car (06 1.8TDCi)

You will need to source a correct steering wheel with cruise controls for a Focus 05>11 (Not a C-Max)

Got mine from eBay for £100

I'm in N.Yorks, if you need any help with activating the cruise control on the car I may be able to help. I just followed the instructions on the thread and it works perfectly. One of the best things I've done.

Thanks for the reply Ian, that's encouraging. Couple of questions for you if you don't mind;

• How can I find out if I can actually activate it on my particular car? I've read another thread where it came to activate it, and the option just wasn't there?
  • Is changing the steering wheel difficult? Are there any issues with the airbag?
  • When you enable CC - is there any light on the dashboard - this isn't a dealbreaker in the slightest, I just wondered!

Thanks!

Hi Chris

1. When you connect to the car the software gives you options to "tick" box's to activate cruise control and save.

2. My original steering wheel was a 3 spoke design, luckily the 4 spoke wheel with CC fitted also came with the 4 spoke airbag.

I followed the instructions from Haynes manual, taking the fuse out first as a precaution. I fiddled about a bit then suddenly got the

Technique to release the spring catches holding the airbag in place.

3. Depending on which dash board you have !? Mine doesn't have a CC light, but the CC works perfectly. Most Focus do have the

Light, my hand book shows the 2 different instrument clusters. Entering the "instrument cluster diagnostic mode" will confirm if you

have the light there or not.

TBH the hardest thing will be getting hold of the wheel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club