Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Light Staying On

fabias68

Hello, I am new to the forum and already I have solved one problem, namely a split in the egr hose.

Now for the next one, I have a 2003 (53 plate) 2.0 tdci mondeo and the abs light is on constantly. I have tried a couple of code readers and there is no faults recorded. I have also tested the abs sensors using a meter checking for voltage and I get a reading off all four wheels.

Can anyone help as I am kinda stuck.

Depending on the code reader your using it might not pick up the error codes. its a diesel which wasnt OBDII compliant as standard until 2004, so its possible that you still have OBDI compliancy.

Which devices did you use?

Basically what you probably have is either a bad ABS Sensor or bad short loom. Either way you need the error code to tell you which wheel is the issue.

Absolutely it's saved me hundreds (seriously) I help my friends as well and honestly it's the best investment you can make in your car ad long as your willing to try fix the issue

Depends what you want. If you want to use a laptop get modified Elm, if you just want basic codes and eml light clearing get something like a basic handheld or torque, if you want more capability a handheld with access to more modules is necessary. There is no right or wrong answer, it goes on what you have access to and what your budget is. My guide should help you

Check my signature and click got an error On your car?

Fingers crossed it's an easy one, after diagnostics my cmax cost 52 quid for loom and fitting

• Like 1

Okay put my super f 2 on and up popped the fault code C1175 speed wheel sensor LR input circuit failure

I think thats saying that the Left Rear wheel is not picking up a signal, it could be a bad wire, or it could be a bad sensor. I had this issue on my front right wheel, turns out it was the short loom that was affected.

Ideally you would be best placed to have the wire checked, if you can get hold of a new sensor for cheap, you could just plug it in and see if the error light goes out. if not, that would indicate that perhaps the loom is moreso affected.

Ford charged me £65 to diagnose and £55ish for the loom.

Victorious, fitted a new abs sensor tonight when I got home from work and as if by magic the light went out. Yeah hahaha thanks for all the help and advice

Mmmmm what next, the front lower valance on my bumper looks a little suspect and there a rattle from the back end when it goes over bumps, me thinks bushes. There's always something lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club