Do Not Sell My Personal Information

59 Ford Focus Tdci - Noise Problem

Nicki Young

Hello

Three weeks ago I purchased a '59 plate Ford Focus TDCi, it is a wonderful car, but there is a sort of scraping/rubbing noise. The noise occurs when I start the car from cold and drive off, changing gear from 1st to 2nd around 1500 revs. Sometimes the noise does not occur when changing gear, but just when I reach 1500 revs, but always occurs sometime when I drive the car from a cold start.

I always wait for the coil light to go out before driving off, turn off the AC straight away (as this comes on automatically when the engine starts) - I have tried driving off in 2nd gear, but still this noise happens, so I don't think it's to do with the gears.

The car only has one months warranty on it, I have been back to the garage who sold it to me and they have had a look and can find nothing. They have had the car all morning today and taken it for a drive, heard the noise, but can find nothing underneath or in the engine.

Has anyone had a similar problem and can you suggest what the noise may be?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Nicki

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club