Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve No Clicking Sound After Engine Turned Off

Fuzz

Hi guys, I have a 1.6 tdci focus 07 and previously I used to hear the sound of the egr valve clicking for some seconds after turing off the engine, however, recently that sound has disappeared I dont hear it anymore. There are no fault codes present and the turbo seems to boost later than it used to, before the boost was felt at 1750rpm but now it boosts at 2500rpm and doesn't boost all the time it struggles to get up to speed. Please help me solve this problem. Fuel consumption is not good 39.4mpg average.

Thankx.

It is possible the EGR valve is leaking or faulty

You say there are no fault codes present - what type of reader did you use?

I used an obd 2 scanner as well as the other one from the garage one that shows you more details like egr position and a lot of other things.

May be possible you have lack of boost - would explain lack of power / lag and it might not show up in codes

Have you got a boost gauge?

Perhaps just blank it off... That's what everyone else seems to do anyway...

:)

I've not got round to it :(

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

No i dont have a boost gauge, however the obd scanner shows that when it boosts its between 7-11 (psi /kpa) one of the two units cant remember which one is correct.

Wanted to blank it off months ago but damaged one of the bolts corners while trying to take it off..lol

No i dont have a boost gauge, however the obd scanner shows that when it boosts its between 7-11 (psi /kpa) one of the two units cant remember which one is correct.

Wanted to blank it off months ago but damaged one of the bolts corners while trying to take it off..lol

if its 7-11psi that seems quite low for a turbo-diesel, i read that 14psi is typical for a 1.6tdci, some other diesels run a bit more, thats under load though

Thanks for the advice guys, will have to look more into getting the best out of the turbo somehow, but I think there may be a fault with the ecu or something seeing its not self testing the egr as it used to.