Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Fault Code D262

kim1968

Hi I'm new here so hope I'm posting right.I have an 03 ford focus two days ago an engine warning light come on.I done the dashboard test and its says d262 but I'm not sure what that means and if car is safe to drive.if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

should be fine, its not a pressure switch issue so its not going to blow the airbags as your driving along!

Thanks again just need to find out what that code means so I can fix the problem...

Ideally you need to get a code reader on there and find the plain text version.

Sadly that's the standard these days. Look at my signature and click 'got an error On your car?' read through and pick the best for you, if you get one that reads airbag codes specifically it will help you. They are cheap at 25 or so for a good diy kit or for that matter as little as 12 for a pc diagnostic

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but did changing the fuel filter solve this problem? Reason I ask is because my mate from work went to his car (2003 focus Ghia 1.6 petrol) yesterday after a days graft and it just would not start. Its happened to him before and so he had his fuel pump changed which cured it and it worked fine for a few months. Then, one day he ran out of petrol, he refilled it, gave the car a wobble (dunno if this works or is needed), it worked fine but then started stuttering and limped home, next day though it worked fine. Just last night he tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over (same as the original issue).

he's had the mechanic out and he said it was unlikely that it was the fuel pump again, so I'm thinking it might be a clogged fuel filter. I ran the internal diagnostic for any dtc codes (i have the same car, but the 1.8 tdci) and it came up with d262.

• 4 years later...
On 9/8/2014 at 11:12 AM, kim1968 said:

Hi I'm new here so hope I'm posting right.I have an 03 ford focus two days ago an engine warning light come on.I done the dashboard test and its says d262 but I'm not sure what that means and if car is safe to drive.if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Try the MAF sensor, in my case was the wire plug for MAF !

Must be the season for ressurecting old threads.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7a8ff763789124911b028b2ca429965b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club