Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drain Holes Bottom Of Rear Hatch Titanium 3 Door Ecoboost Door Not Punched Out.

DunkPoole

I've noticed that the offside rear drain hole hasnt been punched out, the nearside one has, and the centre one only partly. How can something like this be missed by quality control checks at the factory, or are they all like this ? My Titanium was built on 28 April 2014. Can anyone else check theirs ? I guess it will be a trip back to the dealer to see what they say. Without sufficient drainage then corrosion is more likely as water will be retained within the bottom of the hatch door.

post-26859-0-44822300-1410206099_thumb.j

post-26859-0-03610500-1410206121_thumb.j

post-26859-0-22099700-1410206154_thumb.j

That's a fairly obvious boo-boo there. Unfortunately with mass produced cars they produce that many parts quickly that every single panel is not checked unless it's for a concern they have previously identified. Every quality check costs money basically.

Not 100% certain as to the purpose of those holes, think the inside of the tailgate would be classed as a dry area so maybe wouldn't have water drain holes but they do also add holes to allow the pre-paint e-coat or sealer to drain out - often the whole car is dipped in the stuff so it has to drain out of loads of panels. They're obviously not tooling holes or the iffy panel wouldn't have got through the various build fixtures which have sensors to check the panel is correctly in place.

I imagine the dealer's fix may involve a drill!

Wow, just checked mine and it looks exactly the same and my car was made in 2011 :blink:

The drain holes are there to let water out as you will always get condensation within the vehicle but not as much as the doors.

Just checked my mothers 14 plate and it's pretty much the same - clear hole on left, centre hole only punched at the top then rhs looks like there is a hole in the inner panel but maybe has sealer behind it as the hole's filled in behind it.

Would have to say if the holes are like that going back to 2011 cars or earlier it's more likely a design feature, the press tool which punches those holes will have gone through several maintenance cycles in that time plus samples of the panel will have been reviewed by quality inspectors.

My 59 plate 1.6 TDCI Titty has all 3 holes clearly stamped out. I think the Diesels are german made?, are the ones with the missing holes from another plant?

My 13 plate is the same. All UK spec cars are built in the German plant.

I will have at look at my mum's later on. I would say they should be clearly stamped, can't think why else there would be marks at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club