Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The worst piece of equipment ever produced by Ford

Capriking

I'm sure all you people out there in Fordland have all come across some piece of equipment or a fitting on your vehicles that (in your opinion) was absolute rubbish, didn't do it's designed job and was a total waste of space!

So, let's all hear about it!

To kick this off, here is my nomination for the 'DROP IT IN THE SKIP' Award.

The Sonic Idle/VV carb. What an absolute waste of metal this thing is. It just chokes all the power out of the pinto engine. I should be getting about 86bhp, but with this abomonation I'm lucky to get 50! Whoever is respoosible for this needs taking out and given a job at BMW!

Who 's next? :rolleyes:

How about the idle control valve on the Ford Ka. My sister has had a new one on both Ka's she had, my mum had 1 on hers and my mates boss has just had to have a new one. Very common problem.

• 3 months later...

The drum brakes on the rear of the Focus and the small discs on the front. Tends to cause the discs to warp as the Focus is not the lightest of cars. Even my older Civic had discs all round.

How about the idle control valve on the Ford Ka. My sister has had a new one on both Ka's she had, my mum had 1 on hers and my mates boss has just had to have a new one. Very common problem.

You don't need a new one. All you need to do is remove the electric clip thingy, then the two bolts (top and bottom), then put some wd40 through it and a cloth and clean till your hearts content.

I had a KA for a oodle of years and I used to do this regularly because the damn thing kept cutting out when trying to stop.

I tried that many a time, only worked once. its a piece of !Removed! thing lol

I tried that many a time, only worked once. its a piece of !Removed! thing lol

I am a girl, I have littler fingers so they work better at things like that.

You'll have to come round and sort my little sisters car when it goes wrong again lol

my vote is for the injectors or dmf on the mondeo totally not up to the job and £1000+ out of your pocket if it goes (clutch+starter motor) and lets not forget the subframe bushes ive been replacing those ever since the cortina was king

• 1 month later...

The door mouldings!! They glue them on and use those stupid white clips that break if have to remove them!!

Why not mould the clips into the moulding so that it doesnt fall off after a while due to the glue breaking down!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club