Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Ordered, Goodbye Focus... Hello New Mk3.5 Focus!

alexp999

I agree with Alex you'll get more of a kick from the 125ps model as ive test driven one and they're suprisingly nippy. Or if youd prefer a cheaper car on insurance dont be afraid of the 1.6 TurboDiesel Mk3 116ps like what I have just now as they are good to drive, nippy and Responsive with low tax and insurance group lol :)

• Like 1

Diesel to people is more expensive to purchase but does last you twice as long everytime you fill up compared to petrol but I'm going back to petrol a big 2.0L ST3 lol but I can now afford it so petrol won't be an issue. Lol but up to you chris whatever you decide :) but try an insurance quote for a 1.6 TurboDiesel should see a difference but 1650 is good for a 17year old lol :D

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the 125 when the time comes but won't insurance be much more expensive? It'll be my first ever car and wouldve jet passed my test so I think I may need to keep the powder output a bit lower. Plus I'll only use it to drive to and from school each day which is just over 4 miles. Down a 50mph road but my mums Peugeot has less power and it's fine! Lol

I was surprised at the prices low, I woulve expected it to be more seeing as it's a bigger car. Maybe the 1.0 helps?

Haha thanks, will look into the diesel but I prefer the sound of a petrol! :P

That price wasn't the cheapest but it was with Tesco (my dad would like that as he'd get clubcard points), it's with a box but apparently there isn't a curfew and you don't get fined for speeding etc like other companies.

19 months to go.. Can you tell I'm excited? Lol

Don't want a diesel with those sort of miles.

There is next to nothing in the insurance groups between the 100 and 125.

It is only when you go up to the bigger engines.

• Like 1

Insurance isn't based off the size of the car. Its based on age and experience and sometimes the power but it's based on how likely are you to crash in a 1.0 100ps compared to a 2.0L 250ps for example lol Its a vicious circle insurance lol

• Like 1

That said, you might find a MK3 Focus a bit big for a first car, unless you end up learning in one so are used to it...

• Like 1

Ahh ok! Thanks for the advice! Yeah I wondered about the focus being a bit big, but maybe when it's time to learn I should learn in one then. That might help. Also if that's the only car I've driven on actual roads I won't know any different and get used to it lol.

Btw sorry for hijacking your thread!

• Like 1

You're hear for advice thats What any thread is about. You can ask quesions gets answers dont think you're hijacking Alex's thread I'm sure he doesn't mind lol. I know I wouldn't lol :)

• Like 1

Ahh a Kuga owner, how is the new Kuga? :)

the kuga is a great peace of kit, love the all extra toys and gadgets inside compared to my last two focus ecoboosts but man I missing the fun from the ecoboosts engine! Fuel economy is better in fhe kuga but the smile when you leave someone at the lights in your 1.0 has gone :( haha

the kuga is a great peace of kit, love the all extra toys and gadgets inside compared to my last two focus ecoboosts but man I missing the fun from the ecoboosts engine! Fuel economy is better in fhe kuga but the smile when you leave someone at the lights in your 1.0 has gone :( haha

Great mate glad you like it! :) if its a titanium X itll have it all lol I've moved from a 1.0L ecoboost fiesta to the new fiesta ST then to a TurboDiesel Mk3 focus and now I'm diving straight in to get a 2.0L ecoboost focus ST3 cause I feel like treating myself lol.

You got a good pic of your motor? Looks cracking from the profile pic! :D

Great mate glad you like it! :) if its a titanium X itll have it all lol I've moved from a 1.0L ecoboost fiesta to the new fiesta ST then to a TurboDiesel Mk3 focus and now I'm diving straight in to get a 2.0L ecoboost focus ST3 cause I feel like treating myself lol.

You got a good pic of your motor? Looks cracking from the profile pic! :D

I have got a nice photo in my gallary, but for some reason any photos I take on my phone it will not let me set as profile image!

It's a titanium model I have but a few extra on it to so it's got plenty of bits and pieces on it!

I'm really jelous I wanted an ST Focus when I bought the kuga but the Mrs was not having any of it :( I will try again when this is up for renewal haha!

What colour ST did you go for?

You're hear for advice thats What any thread is about. You can ask quesions gets answers dont think you're hijacking Alex's thread I'm sure he doesn't mind lol. I know I wouldn't lol :)

Thanks! :) seems like a really nice place to be on here!

• Like 1

I have got a nice photo in my gallary, but for some reason any photos I take on my phone it will not let me set as profile image!

It's a titanium model I have but a few extra on it to so it's got plenty of bits and pieces on it!

I'm really jelous I wanted an ST Focus when I bought the kuga but the Mrs was not having any of it :( I will try again when this is up for renewal haha!

What colour ST did you go for?

I will be seeing my dealer in mid November to discuss the order of the car.

I want black with style pack for titanium alloys but myt just leave out that cost and get the alloys done black from standard silver. Or I have a mate with a silver ST3 and I know silver sells best upon selling it on lol so I'm drawn between silver or black but I have noticed I could special order it in midnight sky which is a darkish grey just to be different lol :)

Are you hoping to get a Ford direct or old stock car then?

I want black with style pack for titanium alloys but myt just leave out that cost and get the alloys done black from standard silver. Or I have a mate with a silver ST3 and I know silver sells best upon selling it on lol so I'm drawn between silver or black but I have noticed I could special order it in midnight sky which is a darkish grey just to be different lol :)

You know the mk 3.5 is oderable now :)

Oh btw Alex, may I ask where you got your wheels from and how much they cost? Yours are my favourites along with the larger (19"?) wheels from the Titanium X. I'm not keen on the multi spoke ones that come with the appearance pack!

You know the mk 3.5 ST is oderable now :) be the first on here to order haha

• Like 1

You know the mk 3.5 is oderable now :)

That was going to be my point, lol.

They haven't been building MK3s for a while now...

Oh btw Alex, may I ask where you got your wheels from and how much they cost? Yours are my favourites along with the larger (19"?) wheels from the Titanium X. I'm not keen on the multi spoke ones that come with the appearance pack!

I got them from my local dealer, not cheap though!

Ahh thanks, that's what I was expecting. When the time comes I'll keep my eyes peeled for any for sale. Maybe someone on will even trade them for the standard 16" wheels.

They are 17" though by the way, same size as the zetec/titanium appearance pack.

• Like 1

Thanks. That's better for me , less likely for them to get curbed! (Hopefully!)

You know the mk 3.5 ST is oderable now :) be the first on here to order haha

Aye I thot about mate but i do like the look of the current one lol I think someone on here somewhere already has ordered one lol

hopefully get one straight from the factory :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club