Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Ordered, Goodbye Focus... Hello New Mk3.5 Focus!

alexp999

I think you can apply for a provisional from 16 but can't so your practical till 18 these days, I could well be wrong.

From the DVLA website:

You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you’re 15 years and 9 months old.

You can start driving when you’re:

• 17 if you want to drive a car
  • 16 if you want to ride a moped or light quad bike

I've not heard about not being able to take your test till 18 though...

I'm 15 and a bit over 7 months old, so I can apply for my provisional in March!

I knew there was a year difference for something, thinking I got things wrong lol are you getting a wasp first then a car or are you just having the provisional in your pocket.

Yeah I did my theory test before I started my practical lessons which is considered strange as you usually do your theory test 3/4 the way through your driving lessons. I just wanted to get it out of the way. I'm 20 though.

When looking for my first car I was looking for the driver assist features such as hill assist etc and originally liked the Volkswagens (Golf/Scirocco).. then my Uncle said he could get me some massive discount off Fords. He came up at Christmas in his new white Ford Focus Titanium X and I fell in love with it so I began to do more research. Turns out the new Ford Focus' is the perfect car for learners!

Comes with the usual hill assists stuff and then it parks itself, reads road signs/speeds, auto-everything.

My Uncle works at Ford and switches his car every 2 months so it was too late for me to buy the white one. Turns out the next one he pre-ordered was the Candy Red one above so he received a quote for a direct family member to purchase it once he's driven it for 2 months and it came in under £11k! The RRP on the specs it has comes in at £23,600 so it was a no-brainer to ditch the VW's and buy this car at some point mid March :)

Just hope I don't fail my test now and have to wait an extra month to drive the car sat on my drive way whilst I re-book lol

I'm confused... I thought you couldn't get behind the wheel of a car until you have a provisional in your pocket (unless of course your on private property)

I'm confused... I thought you couldn't get behind the wheel of a car until you have a provisional in your pocket (unless of course your on private property)

You can take driving lessons without a provisional I believe.

Edit: Woops ignore! I got mixed up between a provisional license and completing your theory test.

You can take driving lessons without a provisional I believe.

Nope, that is the whole point in the provisional licence.

You can only have off road lessons and that has no minimum age anyway.

Nope, that is the whole point in the provisional licence.

You can only have off road lessons and that has no minimum age anyway.

Oh sorry I'm a muppet! Had a brain dead moment there. I got confused between provisional licenses and having completed your theory test?! D'oh!

What do you guys think...ill be looking again in September to upgrade my car, already have the mk3 focus zetec s, do you think the new focus zetec s will have optional extras such as xenon lights in September? Most cars are going this way now.....

I doubt it. But not impossible.

Titanium X is there for those that want Bi-xenon HIDs.

I can't say I miss them though

What do you guys think...ill be looking again in September to upgrade my car, already have the mk3 focus zetec s, do you think the new focus zetec s will have optional extras such as xenon lights in September? Most cars are going this way now.....

But then you don't get the sport body kit of the Zetec S...or can this be of an upgrade?

You could buy all the bodykit parts after and have them painted and fitted, works out a lot of money and has to be declared to insurance.

Probably cheaper to fit Titanium X head lights to a Zetec S, although I imagine it will need programming and must rely on the auto lights sensor now due to it being adaptive.

Do you really need Bi-Xenons?

I'd just fit better bulbs if it was me...

• Like 1

I don't need them, Its the OCD part of me coming out! I dislike led running lights with the standard yellowish looking bulbs. Are the new bulbs projectors in the new mk3 focus? or are they still reflectors?

They are reflectors, but the Zetec S gets LED daytime running lights.

So you only ever see yellowish halogens when you put the headlights on and you can change those easily.

You could buy all the bodykit parts after and have them painted and fitted, works out a lot of money and has to be declared to insurance.

Probably cheaper to fit Titanium X head lights to a Zetec S, although I imagine it will need programming and must rely on the auto lights sensor now due to it being adaptive.

Do you really need Bi-Xenons?

I'd just fit better bulbs if it was me...

Plus you would have to fit headlight washers

As an owner or both mk3 and mk3.5 ZetecS I actually prefer the exterior look of the mk3 but the centre console of the 3.5 is better.

That's exactly how I feel, I prefer the exterior look of the Mk3 it seems more bulky and sportier as opposed to the slimmed down mk3.5. but the interior functionality is better thought out and "up to date" for example, the new climate control/ AC dials.... and the decluttered buttons adds "class".

I don't like the way Ford are detailing all their vehicles to look exactly the same with the front grill, its like they have run out of ideas so plonking it on all their new cars. without a number plate the new focus 3.5 looks like a fish with its mouth open????

Yup my thoughts exactly. With the slimmed down exterior and the similarity to the fiesta it is a bit off putting. Although I am hearing the mk3 ones are still available brand new at discounted prices with some dealers.

I think the bodykit is a lot better thought out for the MK3.5 though.

It always looked a bit strapped on before.

I'm really pleased with mine, but did see my old MK3 Focus being driven about yesterday, can't deny it looked good all nice and shiny :D

Anyone had a play with the app for pulling music artwork playing via your phone?

I had a mess with it earlier and couldn't get it to display even though I set it to the priority for the artwork, I have a sneaky feeling your phone needs to be physically plugged in via USB for it to work.

Got fed up and give up in the end ha.

No-one should ever pay list price for a Ford, there are always discounts to be had. That is what annoys me about car reviews comparing to the likes of a vw, saying the ford is too expensive, based on list, ignoring what you can actually buy them for and the offers available.

I put down the max deposit of about 5.5k from my part ex.

It is costing me around £225 a month for 2 years, then I will refinance the 9.5k GMFV.

So without the interest it works out about £19,400.

I also got the 5yr warranty and 3yrs servicing included in that price. My dealer also gave me above book price on the part ex, which is why IMO it works out about 18k for the new car. :)

That's affordable for me, but I'd hate the thought of losing a lot of money as soon as I drive it out of the showroom. What was the part ex in total? I got quoted £6K for mine with 50,000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of my new Focus ST3 Diesel fully loaded in Race Red. The picture was taken in Fords compound the day before I collected it. :driving:

post-22041-0-45704900-1423172463_thumb.j

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club