Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Ordered, Goodbye Focus... Hello New Mk3.5 Focus!

alexp999

No - I didn't get the NAV option. Because I swap cars every two years and I hand them back I don't like spending money on options like that. I usually make do with a tom tom or my iPhone. The applink thing got my attention though - wasn't sure if it would pass through sat nav from a phone. It seems like it would be capable but not allowed as, like I say they wouldn't sell much sat nav would they?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Without Nav, you won't have the touchscreen on a Zetec S.

It will just be a basic 4.2" matrix screen I think. They don't support sat nav pass through. Applink just allows you to use voice commands to control compatible apps. I'm not aware of any applink compatible mapping apps...

Ahhh I see!! I had read somewhere the sync 2 was on all models of new focus (i am pretty confused about it all as you might tell)

I figured sync 2 was the touch screen system etc just with or without nav. I can live without it tbh, it a nice to have.

Looking forward to seeing the thing properly more than anything!

The only extra I went for was active limiter (pretty surprised this wasn't standard). Every car I have had for ten years had it so i drive everywhere on the motorway with the foot to the floor. I cant live without it, and I would probably get banned after about a week!!

Yeah, some of the review sites are getting it wrong, in the UK at least, the sync 2 touchscreen is only standard on titanium or higher.

This is the standard console:

up39516-C346_MCA_Audio_IP_Low-1405055615

Cheers for clearing that up, you seem a lot better informed than the guy I ordered the car off!

Just had a look and It says Sync 2 on the order.... But I said to him I didn't want Nav!

I will clear it up next time I speak to him. I have had instances in the past with leasing of things being included as it actually makes the lease cheaper (due to increasing the end resale value for them)

Maybe thats what he is up to.

I have spent a lot of time scouring the net for info and pics, plus my dealer gave me his complete info pack that he gets from Ford :D

Popped in to the dealer today to get an update, still on assembly offline and the estimated delivery date has now moved to 15th Nov :(

He said being a Zetec S with lots of extras it is probably in a queue to have the bodykit and extras fitted to the main car...

Hopefully once we get gate released it should only be 3 weeks...

Car Configurator is up, this is what mine will look like, but with privacy glass and the 18" Y-Spoke Wheels:

post-17010-0-64615200-1413887233_thumb.p post-17010-0-53001900-1413887239_thumb.p post-17010-0-91532400-1413887251_thumb.p

Hmmnnn feeling a bit bad about my Black now. I think it looks best in Silver!

Mine's slipped back to 22nd Nov now :(

Still saying assembly offline.

It is about when I thought it would be, but as I had the hope it was going to be earlier it is really frustrating to watch it slip back, lol.

I need mine on the 21st ideally as thats when my current car goes back. They have told me mid December though so it looks like I will be in a Hyundai from Enterprise for a few weeks :s

Where is the car configurator, I can't seem to locate new focus on ford.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Will the mud guards from the 2012 mk 3 fit the new shape 3.5 2014 focus.

Colin.

I can't see they have changed anything in that area, but it does have a new rear bumper, so can't be 100%.

• Like 1

I am so jealus reading this as i have been looking at this car today also :P I have my current one on finance with 2 1/2 years left so still owe about £5000.

Still the car look awesome!

Could terminate your agreement using "Half Rules" baring in mind you have paid half what you owe....But I have read finance company/ford wont accept you again for doing so?

Do you give the car back if you term under that rule? Never heard of it myself.

Under your agreement its "Consumer Credit Act 1995" and gives you the right to end a hire purchase agreement any time. Your documentation from the finance company must show the figure for half the hire purchase price of the car. The half rule allows you to end the agreement and limits your liability to half the hire purchase price of the car. you do not have to pay half the hire purchase price to the finance company before you return the car using half rule. But, you will still owe the outstanding amount!

Woohoo, finally on its way.

Just had an update to say it is showing as shipped with an ETA of 15th Nov :D

• Like 1

Awesome mate you'll enjoy that once it arrives. Take it for a good run to break her in :D I'm sadly giving up my MK3 focus Zs :( lol...

• Like 2

....And saying hello to a New 64 plate focus ST3 lol thought I'd leave a suspense :L lol I would've waited for the facelift but I like the ST the way it is just now lol :D

• Like 4

Sounds great guys! I do love the Focus, that's why I think I'll go for one as my first car. A Candy Red 1.0 Ecoboost (100ps) Zetec with the appearance pack. Can't wait, especially seeing as I got a quote for one (for a 17 year old obviously) and its about £1650 fully comp!!

would be great to see pics of both cars please!

• Like 1

Hoping my dealer will let me see it as soon as it arrives, even if I can't pick it up straight away.

If you are going for a 1.0 Ecoboost, go with the 125PS engine, it has the much better 6 speed gearbox on the Focus.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club