Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights question

Andywest2k1

Hi all,

Im wanting to change the bulbs in my interior, number plate and if possible my boot light bulbs to LED's or something brighter.

Just wondering if any of you guys had done this? What LED's should i be looking for and could someone point me in the right direction to somewhere to buy them from?

Also im wanting to detango the front and back indicators. Again which bulbs and where can u get them from?

Thanks in advance.

I've swapped the footwell lights for a couple of red LEDs but they're a bit on the dim side. Are there any brighter red LEDs about or am I better off with a standard red bulb?

I've gone for the LEDs as the standard bulbs get pretty hot in use.

I'm just jealous you've got footwell lights. :rolleyes: Might get round to fitting some someday.

I've got the following 12 LED Bulbs in my Mondeo ST footwells and they're pretty bright. Sorry I haven't got any pics yet, I'll see if a can get a couple for you soon. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-W5W-Wide-An...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Stephen

I'm just jealous you've got footwell lights. :rolleyes: Might get round to fitting some someday.

I've got the following 12 LED bulbs in my Mondeo ST footwells and they're pretty bright. Sorry I haven't got any pics yet, I'll see if a can get a couple for you soon. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-W5W-Wide-An...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Stephen

I might as well not have any, with the low levels of light coming from the LEDs. You can make out the red if you're wearing white shoes, other than that, it's just dark.

Thanks for the link. I was kinda put off by the multiple LED ones because, well, I thought they looked a bit messy and all those little nobbly bits in such close proximity make me a bit uncomfortable.

How bright are they compared to the standard footwell lights? The ones in the Fiesta are really bright!

How bright are they compared to the standard footwell lights? The ones in the Fiesta are really bright!

They're quite bright, it's hard to say. I tried to take a photo for you tonight but the camera's making them look a lot brighter than they actually are. The only thing to watch out with these 12 LED ones are they are quite wide so if the Fiesta has only small holes for the bulbs to fit into they might not fit, however they fit OK in my Mondeo ST.

They're quite bright, it's hard to say. I tried to take a photo for you tonight but the camera's making them look a lot brighter than they actually are. The only thing to watch out with these 12 LED ones are they are quite wide so if the Fiesta has only small holes for the bulbs to fit into they might not fit, however they fit OK in my Mondeo ST.

They should be fine then. The bulbs have quite a bit of room since there aren't any holes! Just the socket for the bulb and no surrounds.

Can you actually tell they're on when the overhead light is on? Mine so far only show up on the pedals really.

[EDIT] Also, does anyone know if the other rear fog light has the connections for a bulb? I want two, working rear fog lights! not just the one!

Just fitted those LEDs today and they are very bright! My passenger side socket came loose and I nearly blinded myself !Removed! it back in and putting the LED in! :lol: The one on the driver's side does look scarily low, but I'll find out if it's a knee scraper soon enough.

Thanks for the link and advice, Rocky, much appreciated.

No bother, glad you like them. ;)

Looks cosy. :D B)

• 4 weeks later...

irononreverse, that looks wicked. Was well dissapointed with the white lights, thought i had a faulty one.

Would you guys recomend red bulbs or red leds. Not sure if the leds might be a bit bright. These were what i was looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Coloured-Red-501-12v...%3A1%7C294%3A50

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-Xenon-501-LED-Bu...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Sorry for no clicky links, im terrible with HTML

The ones in my link a few posts up are quite bright. You can see the red glow in daylight. I wanted brighter ones because the first set I bought didn't really show up at all against the black floor.

I don't really know how to describe how bright it is... I can use the red light to find stuff on the floor at night?

I can post more pics of them in light if you want.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club