Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions Please - Keep Or Get Rid!

tom_d

Hi guys – after peoples opinion on what would be best for me.

Current got a 1.6TDCi Fiesta, was doing about 250 miles per week (which I know a few people would still consider petrol mileage, though it’s mainly motorway, so suited the driving very well).

Basically, my mileage will be dropping to 100 miles per week, tops (starting uni on Monday).Will doing 2-3 trips a month to visit the other half at uni (160 miles).

My first thought was to trade the car in for a faster petrol, but I have about 7.5k outstanding finance on it still!

Is it possible to trade in for an older car (been looking at swift sports for the mk6 ST) without paying any more per month? Being a skint student I can’t afford to pay more! Or would it be wise to just keep the car and hope it don’t run into any issues with the few longish runs I’ll be doing every now and again?

Apologies for the long post, but I’d like opinions please.

Cheers

What sort of journeys are you doing, what is the distance and type of roads?

Mainly short journeys, can't see myself doing more than the 7 mikes to uni really, that's a little A road and then some city driving. Apart from that just tootling to the gym shops etc, no motorway apart from the few times I visit the OH.

You will probably be fine keeping it, as you will be doing a 160mile trip 2-3 times a month.

Without that you might run in to problems with the short journeys though...

It's on hp finance, I intended to pay it all off next year but need the savings now!

I was thinking it would probably be Ok as long as I do the longish journeys every now and again.

Sensible me is saying just keep it but another side is saying get rid for something a little faster. Though I could map it to make it faster, just don't know what to do! Haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club