Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selling Bluefin Unit!!!!

dmizz93

Not sure if this is in the right place but.. Since I'm getting a new Fez in a week or so I thought I'd contact Superchips to see what my options are with the unit as I'll no longer be able to use it (in the hope of them refunding me...

Sadly they can't refund the £320 paid for the unit, but they are able to reset the unit so that I can sell it to one of you lucky people! :D

Personally I think the unit is great, for my Mk6 ZS Tdci it gave an increase of 30bhp and 58nm of torque which is noticeable to say the least.. Once reset it should be able to be used on all models!

Good time to consider this if you are looking to mod your car but don't want to pay over the odds for exhaust systems etc,

Its worth checking the website to check compatibility with your own car.

*Software is directly downloadable from the superchips website, plugs in to cars OBD port and straight in to your computer via Micro USB - comes with instruction manual so you can follow the instructions provided :)

Drop us a PM if you're interested and we can discuss payment (no sexual favours please ;) )

Will be available to post/collect from next week as I'm working over the weekend.

Cheers.

What would you be looking for mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Have PM'd you pal

The information i have is - The code for the Bluefin is -

BF06-FORDC-T Ford

This can be used with other cars that share this code (mainly Fords)

Could it be used on a 2012 1.6 TDCi?

I'll have a look on the website for your model though I'm pretty sure they do it.. Is it 95 P.S?

Basically they are resetting my one so then it can be used on 99% of other Fords they have a map for :)

post-50226-141045378211_thumb.jpg

Here you go, as you can see the bluefin retails for £359 for your model PM me if you want

I'll have a look on the website for your model though I'm pretty sure they do it.. Is it 95 P.S?

Basically they are resetting my one so then it can be used on 99% of other Fords they have a map for :)

Im sure you dont want to sell it to someone whose car it wont work on, (and them having to return it, etc) so im doing you a favor by pointing out that it wont work on 99% of Fords, they have a map for, but much less than that, 1st of all, it is designated a T for turbocharged, so it wont work on the hundreds of non- turbocharged Ford cars Superchips have a map for, secondly, it is a BF-06-FORD-T , so it will only work on cars that this works on, for exaple, i have a Mondeo mk3 (turbodiesel) mine uses a BF-05-FORD-T, the BF-06-FORD-T would not work on my car

Happy to help good luck with your sale/ i use a Bluefin and can recommend them

My point is they are resetting the unit itself and advised me it'll work as long as they car has an OBDII port...

Will double check this tomorrow morning but just going by what I've been told over the phone!

Obviously if they're bullshitting I'll have words and double check compatibility.. Surely would work for a mk7 tdci?

• 2 weeks later...

post-50226-141165548325_thumb.jpg

List of compatibility for ford turbo models for this bluefin unit, RRP is £323

Still looking to sell so if you're interested PM me ☺️

My bad, thought I'd done in the original post..

Looking for £250 but open to sensible offers!

• 2 weeks later...

Am still selling guys :) will take 225 for it as I have no use for it any more!

Hi

Have you used this on your car and downloaded the map or is this unused/box fresh?

*duh! Reread the first post, it's been used. So you will pay for the reset for whoever buys it?

Already been reset dude, took it to superchips and they've put it back to factory settings for me, all freshly boxed with manual/cables + good to go!

Why would it have to go back to superchips to be reset? Superchips can just do it their end, you plug it into your laptop and it's reset after running the mybluefin software?

If they charged you to do this within a year you've been ripped off mate the reset is free.

Aha I only live 20 minutes away and went there to get it done originally and to save installing the my bluefin software I took it back to their HQ to get it done, thought I'd get charged but they didn't in the end :)

Good stuff, glad you weren't ripped off mate ;)

I'm putting my my bluefin up for sale next few days, they reset mine for free yesterday ;)

Obviously mines mk7, if there's a difference? Good luck with sale chap.

Not much difference between the registration dates, it's more for the engine/type of car, because mine is turbo'd it'll work on most 1.6/1.8/2.0 diesel variants (should tell you yours on the box itself!) i.e fiesta 90/95ps focus 95/115ps) hope that helps bud

Ah...alas I'm screwed. I just put it in to reset it, and it's telling me it will not reset because the map was not properly removed from my previous Fiesta. Also confirmed through superchips who will not now reset.

Did you sell the car on at all? I bought my new ST forgot to reset it after having part ex'ed my car and rang the dealer frantically seeing whether they still had it, managed to get it sorted..! Can they not update the unit to your new car? Honest mistake I suppose!!

• 2 years later...

did this sell? looking for one atm is anyone is selling a BF06-FORDC-T for a ford focus mk2 2009 1.8 Tdci - bluefin confirmed it will work

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club