Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Number Plate?

fordbri

Well thanks to advice on here i took the plunge and bought one.

DG02 RDG

DG= MY INITIALS

02 = ITS MY SECOND CAR

RDG = MY HOME TOWN AND FOOTBALL TEAM (READING)

Good choice--some people have a personal plate which relates to their car--eg I've seen **** PUG on a Peugeot 106.

Fantastic.......until he / she decides to buy a Fiesta........then the plate means jack s*** and is a waste of money as you would be forced to sell it with the car! :rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• paulworthing

• Loyal Royal

• hedgepig

When i actually have the money i'm going to fork out for R8 MPX

MP being my initials and it looks quite cool

and i can put it on my Audi R8 if i ever had one!!

I was also thinking of M111 KLX

i thought it looked like Mikal, that being my name, but my brother (as always) !Removed! on my bonfire and said it looks like milk.

so R8 MPX it is!

John Cooper garage (yes the genuine John Cooper and his son Mike used to work there) down here in Sussex used to have a fully kitted out Mini Cooper with the plate H15 TOY

John Cooper garage (yes the genuine John Cooper and his son Mike used to work there) down here in Sussex used to have a fully kitted out Mini Cooper with the plate H15 TOY

If Mrs Hedgepig had her way that plate would be on all my cars!! :rolleyes:

i want money to buy R8 MPX now !

i want money to buy R8 MPX now !

Well the site I have been looking on seems to offer buy now pay later, 12 months interest free and 36 months (high APR but could make it possible) and the one you want is only 189 + VAT and transfer fee

Well the site I have been looking on seems to offer buy now pay later, 12 months interest free and 36 months (high APR but could make it possible) and the one you want is only 189 + VAT and transfer fee

Link me!

thanks for that, i shall search :)

Link me!

thanks for that, i shall search :)

You should be saving the money for your insurance Michael!!

You should be saving the money for your insurance Michael!!

that would be far too mature and sensible!

Sent you a PM with the link on it

Sent you a PM with the link on it

thank you :)

how long does a pm take to arrive?!

Dunno but just sent it again - should be on the right page when the link opens up

I so wanna get one but even though I can get something nice for less than 300 I so know the bf will kick off - maybe he'll get me one for my birthday next year which is in February so just before the 59 stops being the current number and they change over to the next one

something nice for less than 300 I so know the bf will kick off - maybe he'll get me one for my birthday next year which is in February so just before the 59 stops being the current number and they change over to the next one

I'm always offering to buy Janet a personal plate for her car but, luckily for me I suppose, she doesn't want one.

So, just talk to him, you never know---he might surprise you! ;)

Dunno but just sent it again - should be on the right page when the link opens up

I so wanna get one but even though I can get something nice for less than 300 I so know the bf will kick off - maybe he'll get me one for my birthday next year which is in February so just before the 59 stops being the current number and they change over to the next one

You shouldn't be encouraging young Michael to be so irresponsible! ;)

i gots it now

and just save and buy it !!!! i'm supposed to be saving up for my insurance, yet i have bought a sat nav this month

and then next month i am going to spend lots of money on petrol for the meet and ford fair and ill probably buy some silver bumpers for the fiesta!

advise on saving money from michael parr? i will make you spend your hard earned life saving on something really useful like a horse with a limp, 100% guarantee

So have you brought it then Michael?

So have you brought it then Michael?

noo not yet. i'm going to save some moneys next month and try and get it by the end of the summer hopefully. then the car will look loads better, its odd how much difference they make even on an old fiesta!

Especially with the plate you want which has only the one number in it - and once you have that, it can be yours for llife.

You not got a middle initial so you can have that instead of MPX?

Especially with the plate you want which has only the one number in it - and once you have that, it can be yours for llife.

You not got a middle initial so you can have that instead of MPX?

top marks to you sir, i have no middle name!

the x is the best of the letters so i just chose that. and having only one number is quite important!! i have seen a few plates that are obviously personalised but they don't really look like them, so one number is good :)

I'm always offering to buy Janet a personal plate for her car but, luckily for me I suppose, she doesn't want one.

how about K1CHN :P

Just thought I would add something which no one has yet mentioned.

When you swap your private plate you have to pay a retention fee of £125.

My mk5 fiesta was on a private plate for 2 years but still want back onto the old plate when I sold it.

However because the car is new this time I don't know whether I'll get the same plate back when I sell it. Does anyone know if I will?

Just thought I would add something which no one has yet mentioned.

When you swap your private plate you have to pay a retention fee of £125.

My mk5 fiesta was on a private plate for 2 years but still want back onto the old plate when I sold it.

However because the car is new this time I don't know whether I'll get the same plate back when I sell it. Does anyone know if I will?

Did you have an 09 plate when you first had your car? And have you now got your private plate on? If that is the case the original 09 plate will go back on it when you sell it. Mine was registered with my private plate so it will be allocated an 09 reg when I sell it.

Oh I so want to get one now even though I used to think they were tacky

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club