Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Engine Judder! (Turbo, Injectors Etc.)

dsimcoe

Hi Guys!!

For the last 6 months I have been having a slight 'judder' in my engine.

This happens between 1,500 rpm and 2,000 rpm and only once the car has warmed up to its optimum 90degree temperature.

the feel and the sound is like before you are about to stall or haven't given enough power when pulling away.

I can accelerate out of 2000rpm and its fine, its just between these amounts when it occurs (1500 and 2000 rpm)

If I am cursing in any gear between these 2 amounts its a constant judder coming from the engine, the revs are also staying the same (no wobble in the needle).

I have been told it may be the injectors blocked but the readings came back equal on on all 4.

I have also been told it may be the TURBO clogged or broken that could be causing this!!

IF ANYONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THIS OR IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS THIS IS A HUGE ANNOYANCE!!!!

Thank you!!!

What engine size? if its like mine, 1.8, then engine judder around 1100-1200 is normal

Try running an injector cleaner such as millers diesel power ecomax, did my car wonders!

Hi Chris, thanks for the response. Yes it is a 1.8 TDCi Titanium. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

nope its not normal, you should be getting some nice boost at those revs. try a fuel additive first such as mentioned by Chris it may help.

such as millers eco max

Archoil AR6400-D

BG244

Ye at 1500-2000 mines doesn't judder, only vibrates like a pipe or clip is lose, but the engine is steady all the way up from 1200.

Stick the cleaner in and see how it goes.

Hi guys i have placed the cleaner (Millers) and still have the judder around that rev range. I have filled the tank twice over the weekend as I have done alot of driving and used the recommended dose of cleaner both times.

Still getting judder. Could it be a turbo problem or loose injectors etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Im not a mechanic but I would suggest it is the injectors rather than the turbo.

But like i said im no mechanic, so for all i know it could be one of the more common focus tdci problematic parts;

fuel pump

dmf

egr valve sticking - get it blanked off btw :)

fuel fiter

turbo

injectors

Still use the millers though, it will do no harm and may eventually reduce or cure the judder.

See my thread...dirty egr hesitation. I am having similar problems almost certainly the egr system

See my thread...dirty egr hesitation. I am having similar problems almost certainly the egr system

From reading through your topic, I would advise dsmicoe to blank the EGR and clean the inlet manifold. I am amazed at the build up on the blanking plate you fitted after just 3 weeks!

also his car reg is 2009, and someone in your post suggested there was a recall on tdci's between the years of 2008 to 2010 because of dodgey injectors. I still place my money on the EGR though.

• 8 years later...

Hey mate!!! I beg of you if your still active to let me know if you found a solution !! I couldn't word it better myself I have exactly the same issue?!?!?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club