Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wash Wipe

djb2

Hi guys

I have a 2004 mk3 tdci. Great car for the money...love it to bits.

One or two niggles but hey ho!

One niggle I have is that the rear wash wipe appears to have no water when I press the button on the stalk. The wiper works but as I say ,no water.

Any clues?

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem with my TDCI. I believe the front and back washers share the same bottle, and I have loads of water in it. I have tried to put a needle in the spray thing on the rear door, but still no joy?

No idea what the problem could be?

there is a common problem with the rear wash where the joint on the water supply line can split or come apart, this is situated behind the o/s side panel just behind where a rear passengers head would be, it might not be your problem but its a good place to check.

Thanks Mintalkin. Spot on!

Sure enough when I returned to the car there was a damp smell.

I removed the panel at the back drivers side as you describe and found that the pipe had simply popped off. Simple fix.

Simon. Perhaps you have a similar problem?

thanks

I have had this problem for over a year now, since I've had the car. I have just ignored the fact that the rear washer doesn't work. I'm sure I would have smelt damp by now, but will have a look anyway.

I'll let you know how I got on later.

Cheers

Hi Simon,

must be worth a look I suppose. Pop the plastic covers off and undo the screws. The panel comes away and the pipe is behind it.

just wondered if you had the problem over a year how did you cope with the MOT?

I will check mine shortly as this is the only gadget that needs attention now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for your help, as this was the only thing I had to sort out on the car now. Took the O/S panel off and yep the pipe had come away from the tee piece. Popped it back in and all sorted.

Cheers again.

I sorted mine over the weekend. Wasn't the simple plug and play solution. My jet was actually blocked, nothing would resolve the block, so I've ordered a replacement but for the time being, drilled a hole using a 3mm bit through it so I can at least use the rear washer system properly!

Thanks for the tips on where to find the pipework, though. It meant I could disconnect it where it usually falls off and test it was working, which it was.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club