Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St3

GrahamJC

I am collecting a new Fiesta ST3 on Friday and would like to know what ST3 owners think of this

upgraded model, especially the sat nav. I part-exchanged my '63' plate Zetec S which I liked but was

offered a good deal which I couldn't resist!

I've got the sat nav and it's easy enough to use. Gives you different options of which route you want to take, e.g. Eco, fastest, least miles. Don't use it all the time as I often drive in the same areas and if I do venture out I use maps on my iPhone but the handful of times I've needed it, it's been convenient enough.

Thanks for that, you have reassured me. When I bought the Zetec S the salesman seemed to think that the optional sat nav was not worth the extra dosh as it was fiddly to use and no better than a top of the range one you could buy for £200 or so!

I think the Nav is ok for occasional use, the screen is kinda small to be honest but it seems to work well enough. As said its pretty easy to use, even if there are a few confusing things it asks.

Thanks for your responses. I went to a classic car show with my son, saw an ST3 at a trade stand and he

persuaded me to buy one on the way home at a local garage which was having a sale day! An expensive day

so I hope I like it.

What can I say about the ST3 (or ST in general) that hasn't already been said, well it's the best small hatchback you can buy :). The satnav is good once you get used to it, the only problem is it can only take you to postcodes or points of interest, not to an exact address. It's great that it has a home button though, if you're coming back from somewhere unfamiliar one button press and you're on your way.

The other features of the ST3 are great too - auto lights & wipers and keyless entry, cruise control etc.

Thanks Phil, another reassuring post. I have read most of the motoring reviews and they are all favourable. I shall probably carry my present sat nav in the car until I get used to the one in the car! The home button sounds a great idea. The car I

have bought was a cancelled order so it comes with revering sensors at no extra cost.

Thanks Phil, another reassuring post. I have read most of the motoring reviews and they are all favourable. I shall probably carry my present sat nav in the car until I get used to the one in the car! The home button sounds a great idea. The car I

have bought was a cancelled order so it comes with revering sensors at no extra cost.

I still have my old tomtom in the glove box but I've used it maybe once since I got the car, so that gives you an idea of how good the built in satnav is. I also got the parking sensors and they are great.

Do you get reverse camera if you have sensors on ST3?

Interested as I may spec this on my next ST3 next March.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

To be honest, I am not sure but the salesman did not mention a reverse camera so I suspect not.

Do you get reverse camera if you have sensors on ST3?

Interested as I may spec this on my next ST3 next March.

It's not an option on the ST3. I think that and the front sensors are only available on the Titanium X.

Edit: I hear a few people talking about swapping their ST for a new one, maybe something I'll think about but I've grown quite attached to it already lol, and it's done nearly 5000 miles with no problem (touch wood).

I only brought it as The Fiesta STs have good resale values and the Kugas. My pockets are not deep enough for a Kuga.

I had a 63 plate Focus, but changed so I have the option to change to the newer Focus next year. I'm enjoying the ST too much I may get a white ST in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The satnav is good once you get used to it, the only problem is it can only take you to postcodes or points of interest, not to an exact address. It's great that it has a home button though, if you're coming back from somewhere unfamiliar one button press and you're on your way.

If yo try typing the street instead of postcode it'll bring it up and ask for the number.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

If yo try typing the street instead of postcode it'll bring it up and ask for the number.

Cool I didn't know that, well that was the only bad point I could think of, so that makes it even better.

I am collecting a new Fiesta ST3 on Friday and would like to know what ST3 owners think of this

upgraded model, especially the sat nav. I part-exchanged my '63' plate Zetec S which I liked but was

offered a good deal which I couldn't resist!

Dont use the shortest route option on the sat nav unless you want to end up on roads which amount to little more than farm tracks!

• Like 1

Dont use the shortest route option on the sat nav unless you want to end up on roads which amount to little more than farm tracks!

Lol yes you're probably right. I've only ever used the fastest route option, or set it to avoid motorways for a more entertaining drive if there are decent roads around :)