Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Do I Stand

pezza371887

Hi All,

As you may have seen from other threads I have recently found out my focus suffers from an injector fault which is a known issue to ford with a bad batch of injectors, there is a TSB relating to this.

The focus was registered in 2009. What i want to know is that I raised the issue with Ford when the car had around 1000 miles on the clock, the applied an ECU update which didnt fix it and has since been diagnosed with injector codes on different cylinders at different times. The car is now outside the warranty period and in only now I have found the TSB.

The TSB was release 2 months outside the warranty perioud so given I raised the issue inside the warranty period should this issue still be covered given Ford admit there is a faulty batch of injectors?

Regards

Ali

Technically yes since it was brought up in the warranty period however since the tsb came out after the warranty at the time you complained they were not aware of the issue so its not like you were fobbed off from experience of the trade they are not liable to pay for the issue but if you explain this to the dealer they may settle it otherwise you may need to call ford uk customer service

Hi!

Your better off contacting citizen advice.

I had issue with my car n they couldn't find what fault was - citizen advice said warranty not really worth paper it's written on but the fact that they have already accepted car back and attempted to resolve it is them accepting that there is a problem and it is there responsibility to resolve it. I hope it's the same for you!!

Out of curiosity what engine have you got?? I hVe t seen your pre threads. What problem were you having and what will fix it??????

Hope u get sorted!

Vee

Technical service bulletin and as for citizens advice ford will state they were unaware of the issue therefore attempting to fix the issue was not accepting the issue existed ford dont care about citizens advice ford customer service is a better way to go

I would have thought Ford themselves would have been aware as they would have had to collect data and evidence to find batch 3 were faulty. Then time to document and publish the TSB so more then likley the issue was know to Ford Motor Company during my warranty period.

As i say call them perhaps they did but the monkeys doing the dirty work the mechanics were not told till later after the warranty usually the dealer takes a step back theres no harm in calling the dealer explaining to him as they have a record and see what they say if you get nowhere contact ford uk customer service but as the warranty has run out youre not there concern to deal with failing all that try citizens advice but in my experience ford ignore them also

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club