Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Zetec Thinks It's A Titanium

amyjaj

What the title says.

I went to the dealers today to sign the motability forms to give the DWP permission to pay motability my DLA to them instead of me. He said it arrived yesterday. He took me to see it and it had the Titanium badge on it instead of Zetec :lol: .

What the title says.

I went to the dealers today to sign the motability forms to give the DWP permission to pay motability my DLA to them instead of me. He said it arrived yesterday. He took me to see it and it had the Titanium badge on it instead of Zetec :lol: .

Wow - the actual car says Titanium on it? Maybe it somehow is a Titanium (though it seems unlikely it would become a free upgrade, doesn't it?!). Did you see any clear signs in the spec of the actual car as to which one it really is?

How weird! Does it have the zetec wheels on it or they the titanium's? be awesome if its a free upgrade :D

It had the Zetec wheels on it.

Sounds like somebody's put the wrong badge on it.........let's hope it's not a Friday car or you might get a load of other stuff all mixed up....... :lol:

How many keys does a Zetec come with without the additional option?

The Zetec comes with one key - the Zetec S and the Titanium have two, all others have one key.

I forgot to look at the steering wheel properley. When I saw the keys in the dealers hand there were 2 keys in the bunch.

Did it have manual air con or was it the climate control?

The easiest way to tell the two appart is that Titnaium's have cruise control, which can not be removed or upgraded from lesser models.

Tinted back windows if you did not pay for them might indicate something is not right

Amy - if you paid £300 deposit (Zetec on Motability) but end up with a Titanium (£500 on Motability) - just keep quiet! ;)

Amy - if you paid £300 deposit (Zetec on Motability) but end up with a Titanium (£500 on Motability) - just keep quiet! ;)

Well £100. I do plan to keep quiet if it is :lol: !

I forgot to look at the steering wheel properley. When I saw the keys in the dealers hand there were 2 keys in the bunch.

Actually the Zetec (and all lower ones) comes with TWO keys - it's just that one of them doesn't have any remote/electronic features, it's just an old-fashioned key. It doesn't look much different from the other one, however. If the keys were Zetec ones, they would be noticeably large, and whilst a Titanium's would look similar *if unfolded*, but they do fold whereas the Zetec's don't. The folding ones have a prominent silver button near one of the lower corners of the fob, I think (for pinging them open).

(edit: looking at a pic of the Titanium key on the thread about the little model of a Fiesta, their fob is bigger than the Zetec's, with white icons for the functions, but with a smaller-looking key shaft than the Zetec's.)

So have you managed to work out what you are getting then Amy?

Got a collection date yet

Not yet. When I went on friday he hadn't been in contact with the adaptions people to fit my controls. He has to insure and tax it too.