Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk4 petrol cap

fiestapod

Hi there does anyone know how to get the petrol cap apart on a mk4 fiesta. The lock is playing up and I have a rebuild kit for it but I cannot work out how it comes to bits. Ive rebuilt many door locks but for the life of me i cant see how the cap comes apart. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks

After mines broke on my mk4 I got a replacment from a mk5. The key was obviously different so I tried to find a way to swap the locks over. No such luck unfortunatly. After asking about I was told that there isn't a way to dismantle the cap to change the lock. But if there is a kit for them there must be a way of doing it. Unless you've just got a lock kit for door locks and are assuming it's the same for the fuel cap as I did. Lol

After mines broke on my mk4 I got a replacment from a mk5. The key was obviously different so I tried to find a way to swap the locks over. No such luck unfortunatly. After asking about I was told that there isn't a way to dismantle the cap to change the lock. But if there is a kit for them there must be a way of doing it. Unless you've just got a lock kit for door locks and are assuming it's the same for the fuel cap as I did. Lol

In a load of stuff i picked up ages ago i got a complete lock repair kit for a petrol cap so it must come apart some how just cant work it out at the minute. Anyone done this job????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you have a part no. for the lock kit? Perhaps its from a different fuel cap. A will be going down to ford later on this week to pick up some parts. If there is a lock kit for my cap I wouldn't mind getting one and having another go at mines

if the cap is getting stiff in operation try soaking it in 3 in1 oil overnight (really soaking it). to get the cap apart there should be an e clip on the rear.

After speaking to a friend at ford, apparently you compress the barrel somehow and this reveals a cir-clip or e-clip as mintalkin says. Once you get it apart its just like any other lock

Thanks for the info ive been away for a few days but i am off in the garage tonight to see if i can work it out. I will report back and let you know how i get on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club