Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo misfiring at low revs

BlueHuman

Hello, some advice if I may please – I own a Mondeo 2004, 1.8 petrol that’s done a genuine 50k; it’s starting to misfire at low revs [hot or cold] up to about 1500rpm.

I don’t believe the plugs / HT leads have ever been changed and that’s where I need some advice – I’m getting conflicting direction when they need / should have been changed, as apparently this may be the cause of the misfire.

This morning I was going to replace them myself but after going to my local TOMO they are costed at £110 for the bunch and I wasn’t expecting them to be that expensive.

Can anyone confidently state when the plugs need replacing and do you think this could be the cause of a misfire?

Thank you - Blue

if the leads are starting to break down(common on mondeos) a weak spark will be the result, before buying new plugs leads ect try gapping the plugs at 1mm instead of the recomended 1.3mm to see if there is an improvement.

if the leads are starting to break down(common on mondeos) a weak spark will be the result, before buying new plugs leads ect try gapping the plugs at 1mm instead of the recomended 1.3mm to see if there is an improvement.

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go later to see if it helps.

Blue

I had same problem which turned out to be the coil pack.

My friendly local moto shop let me borrow ht leads and as this made no difference i put in new plugs still making no difference.

Then a banger racing friend of mine suggested the coil pack, 'about £50 off e/bay' and after fitting, this cured the problem.

Hope this helps

Simon

I had same problem which turned out to be the coil pack.

My friendly local moto shop let me borrow ht leads and as this made no difference i put in new plugs still making no difference.

Then a banger racing friend of mine suggested the coil pack, 'about £50 off e/bay' and after fitting, this cured the problem.

Hope this helps

Simon

I'll try the plugs and leads first and then if no joy, I'll go for the coil pack.

Thanks Simon - Blue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club