Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mother Chuffing Corsa!

jeebowhite

My mate's mk4 estate got clobbered by a bike a few years ago after the guy tried filtering on a roundabout.

He was worried due to the rear wings and roof being a continuous piece (as already mentioned earlier).

The bodyshop cut out the buckled wing and welded a new one on avoiding the need to replace basically half the cars skin.

They did a very good job, no join marks at all.

• Like 1

I hope they go for the full wing replacement it gets rid of a couple of small bodywork damages lol

I got the estimate back from Ford 1900,i will take some snaps and upload

Here's the estimate..

post-10869-141234407247_thumb.jpg

post-10869-141234408375_thumb.jpg

That's not bad.

Mine was £1500 when some twonk dropped his bike and it skidded into my front wheel.

Yeah not bad at all in the grand scheme of things but as Ford won't be doing the job...

Jeebus... that's a fairly hefty bill if you were to foot it yourself!!!

Yeah good job insurance is mandatory!

....apparently a fair percentage of Britains road users don't know that though...

Well the insurers repairers just got back to me, I have to suffer the Astra until at least the 17th! 2 weeks, 2.5K worth of work and a repair value of 65.78% the cars value. I am shocked its not been written off. glad but shocked.

they are also doing an alloy refurb as well, as it looks like there was potential damage from the accident on the alloy.

Not bad, 2 wheels refurbed in as many months :P now I just have to do the other two :P

• Like 1

Well the insurers repairers just got back to me, I have to suffer the Astra until at least the 17th! 2 weeks, 2.5K worth of work and a repair value of 65.78% the cars value. I am shocked its not been written off. glad but shocked.

they are also doing an alloy refurb as well, as it looks like there was potential damage from the accident on the alloy.

Not bad, 2 wheels refurbed in as many months :P now I just have to do the other two :P

You mean he didn't manage to throw a little bit of wreckage onto your front alloy whilst also pushing you onto a curb on the passenger side ruining the other two alloys???

Jeez seeing the latter video of that idiot's driving, is a good argument for the case of "bringing back hanging" :ph34r:

PM sent James, I go on Holiday and your up to your old tricks , all joking apart, glad your not seriously hurt mate

Cheers guys,

Ian, not entirely sure what had happened! but I wont question them on it ;)

Cheers Tony, replied to you. Heed my plea ;) I cant be doing this anymore :p

For anyone curious, I blame Catch entirely. Whenever he disappears from the forum for a jolly or just to get on with "real life" (whatever that is!) something bad happens to my cars, so I am trying to find a way to chain him to the forum :p

I had an Astra pull out in front of me on the A45/ A6 junction today. I thought of you Jeeb. ;). I wished I was driving a Scimitar as well. CRUNCH!

haha, yeah I am not so glad I am now being the forum associate to the astra :p

if it was me pulling out, I wouldnt do it infront of a ford, I would probably do it in front of a bus or similar :p if I was going to finish one off, it would have to be in style!

• Like 1

Why don't you join the Vauxhall forums? Could be a bit of sport....

See how long it takes you to get banned..

• Like 1

I suspect I would be banned seconds after registering lol

I suspect I would be banned seconds after registering lol

There forums are like there Cars they don't work ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well just got a call... Mindel is fixed and ready to depart. They are bringing her home tomorrow morning hopefully before 09.30

• Like 4

Good, good!! Get back behind the wheel of a real car again!!

Must admit, I really do admire your restraint. I think I'd rather give up driving than drive a crapstra that long!!

Haha, thankfully I haven't clocked many miles in it done about 60 and the sad thing is its used 16 quid of diesel, oh and it's going to be good going back to a car that has a gearbox that works... 5th Nd 6th on that monstrosity is like leaving the thing in neutral, ran it, and you still go nowhere.

• Like 1

Well just got a call... Mindel is fixed and ready to depart. They are bringing her home tomorrow morning hopefully before 09.30

...bring on the next Vauxhall :lol:

• Like 2

You **********....

• Like 2

If I never see another it will be too soon...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club