Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting Front Windows.

lummers

Afternoon all.

Quick question. I'm looking to get me window tinted and will be getting the rear 3 qtrs done, but was also thinking of doing the front windows. Now apparently it has become illegal to tint the front windows, yet I've a number of recent plate cars with the fronts tinted.

Has anyone got there front windows tinted? Do you ever have any problem with the "law"??

I'm not talking about going silly, it will be the lightest tint they do on the front.

I believe it has been noted before that the front windows are usually at the maximum tint from the factory so anything you do to them will make them illegal...

most of the new ones land rover especially have illegal tints ive seen a traffic cop tell the owner of a new land rover to peel it off even though it came from the dealer that way the fronts are at the maximum tint allowed by law any more is illegal

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through. In other words, maximum 25% tint on the front and 30% on the side front.

Most cars are 20-30% from the factory so any tint will likely make them illegal.

• Like 1

most of the new ones land rover especially have illegal tints ive seen a traffic cop tell the owner of a new land rover to peel it off even though it came from the dealer that way the fronts are at the maximum tint allowed by law any more is illegal

Factory fitted Land Rover glass doesn't have tints you can peel off, so any like that must have been done externally at the dealer etc.

Factory tinting should be integral to the laminating process when the glass is produced.

Any tints that are a removable film are dealer applied or definitely not oem.

• Like 1

Ok thanks gent.

I did eventually find the DVLA's law on this, but it struck me as being a little "grey area".

Probably just get the back done for now. Don't want to give the old bill or any insurance company a reason to weassel out of anything in the event of an accident.

ill gaurantee if you got the fronts done youde be wasting youre money as the minute the traffic police spot it they will tear a big chunk of it right off the window and make you get it removed theres no grey area its simple if its tinted so that the driver is obscured its illegal any tint thats darker than the windscreen will be illegal on the drivers window and passengers.

land rover dealers have been fitting the dark tints before seliing the cars most owners are oblivious woman at work got stopped as the were limo black tints on the driver and pass window the car was 1 day old and bought from the dealer that way the traffic cop used his pen knife and peeled a bit off and told her if she tears a chunk off he will let her drive away if not he wouldnt let it go she did not get an answer from the dealer as to why it was done if it was illegal in the first place

I have the fronts done on my range rover like your after just a light tint been like that for years and I've been all over in it and never had a prob don't take my word to get it done though .there not that dark that it impairs vision at night which is the reason they won't allow it not that I do a lot of night driving in it anyway .

If it's not an obviously dark tint it can be hard to differentiate with the naked eye.

We use tint meters to test light transmission and even if it's found to be 1% outside the legal allowance then it has to come off.

Dealers applying illegal tints are just asking to be sued/prosecuted.

With the interior being cream helps as it makes it look lighter and I,d just take it on the chin if I got pulled it only comes out to play on special occasions these days anyway can't afford to run it like I used to but it's a pleasure to drive on the rare occasion it takes to the roads these day

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club