Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Tdci Juddering, Surging And Lots Of Black Smoke

nick bfc

I have a 2004 2.0 Tdci Mondeo 115bph, I'm getting lots of black smoke on acceleration and when its coasting a juddering but this goes when i accelerate and then it starts surging.

I've cleaned the EGR valve, checked the hoses for splits to no avail.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks barblast, I've checked the inter cooler hose but couldn't see or feel any splits.

I think it's sorted now, I've blanked off the EGR valve and now there's no juddering or constant smoke, also much improved MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Nick,

I was about to reply enthustiastically with 'fit an egr balnking plate' but see you have already done this.

I presume you have the 2.0 tdci 130?

I have a similar car and had the smoke. After fitting the blanking plate it stopped smoking and is far more responsive.

Black smoke in my limited knowledge is I believe unspent diesel. Your car is now breathing pure air rather than recurculated exhaust gas.

Have you had any further issues or is it all ok now?

I fitted mine to weeks ago and it seems great...nil smoke

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 2lt Tesco and have recently had a full service and still getting the problem. I am really considering blanking my egr valve off. Will it cause any harm in the long run?.

Hi m8

Blanked mine off about a month ago now, no smoke, no juddering, extra 15mpg and passed mot too, I would give it a go, it's worked for me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club