Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Checklist for taking delivery of new car!

JAR897

So, first of all let me say that this should perhaps be a sticky to help people in the future?

Right, so I know a lot of people are about to take delivery of their beautiful new investments. But, what should people be looking out for when giving the car a once over while still at the dealership, and before handing over the final payment?

Thing's such as checking spare wheel is present, all the lights/radio/electrics work and petrol cap is functional? Paintwork is a must too, checking there are no scratches or dents on the body, as well as minimal swirls from the polish applied pre-shipment.

Any other sugestions?

Thanks.

So, first of all let me say that this should perhaps be a sticky to help people in the future?

Right, so I know a lot of people are about to take delivery of their beautiful new investments. But, what should people be looking out for when giving the car a once over while still at the dealership, and before handing over the final payment?

Thing's such as checking spare wheel is present, all the lights/radio/electrics work and petrol cap is functional? Paintwork is a must too, checking there are no scratches or dents on the body, as well as minimal swirls from the polish applied pre-shipment.

Any other sugestions?

Thanks.

...and that the seats slide back and forth properley. You'd be surprised how many didn't even following the PDI. Also check wheels have not been scuffed and that the edges of the doors are not marked as these often get clouted when the car is on the workshop vehicle lifter (PDI checks). The lifter posts are usually right where the doors are so getting in and out of the car is tricky at best. Also, check that the documentation is in place including log book, owners manual, PDI check sheet. Have you also only got 6 months road tax when you paid for 12 and is the fuel tank full? Finally, are the accessories fitted? - mats, scuff plates, etc.

After giving mine a good cleen today, I noticed a scuff on one of the alloys and a small scuff on the wing mirror which has been touched up with paint. On a side note about the seat slider, when my son gets out of the back seat I slide the front seat forward and when it's returned it slides all the way back having to adjust again it to the original position. Very annoying.

You got your car yet then JAR?

Saturday 4th July BABY! Well, that's what the dealer said last time we spoke lol.

FIngers crossed.

My mom keeps taking the mick, saying that Pirates are going to steal the frate ship that the car is on after watching Ross Kemp on Pirates lol.

If Pirates stole my car I would get the next flight out to wherever it is that they reside. A JAR scorn is an angry JAR lol. Might be hard to find though, as its SEA gray HHAAH.

Saturday 4th July BABY! Well, that's what the dealer said last time we spoke lol.

Fingers crossed.

OMG - so sometime this week it could be turning up and the dealers on the back of the lorry - I would be SO excited if I was you . . . .hard enough to sleep in this heat without that excitment on your mind too

So if they do deliver this Saturday, how long has it taken for yours to arrive then?

Ordered on March 27th so that would be 99 days, or 3 months 1 week.

I think it's more reasonable that I will get my hnds on Marty (car's name) early next week? maying the total approx. 100 days.

Is that a record? lol

Ordered on March 27th so that would be 99 days, or 3 months 1 week.

I think it's more reasonable that I will get my hnds on Marty (car's name) early next week? maying the total approx. 100 days.

Is that a record? lol

Hope mine does not take so long as want it for 1 September . . .

So why Marty then?

Its looking unlikey for me then . . . . :(

Marty - Named after Marty McFly from Back To The Future! lol.

Wow Amy, that realy was a long time. Did they give you a reason?

Marty - Named after Marty McFly from Back To The Future! lol.

I did wonder if it was that but thought 'he's too young to remember those'

lol OMG... I love the Back to the future trilogy - Best trilogy EVER made! Brilliant films and brilliant acting. Lol, I was going to call it "The Doc" but that was too corney, and "Einstein" (after the dog) but that was too generalistic lol.

Nick name is "Marty the Sea Gray Shark" lol.

I wanna name mine but not sure what to call him yet - guess I'll know when I clap eyes on him

Previous cars have been Sissy Ka (Number plate S151 AAP) and Tango which was my Hot Orange MINI Convertible

I've just phoned the dealer - build date of 'some time in August'. Great, so that's it being BUILT after the delivery date estimate I was given when I ordered!

I've just phoned the dealer - build date of 'some time in August'. Great, so that's it being BUILT after the delivery date estimate I was given when I ordered!

Well as I ordered mine 1st June at least I know what to expect when I call the dealers on the 1 July for an update . . . .

Had a good look around the interior today and the rear carpet is poorly fitted. lumps and bumps all over.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club