Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Water .. Could It Be The Ac

Biginnis

Hi guys . Ive noticed a couple times their has been water dripping from under the car . The water doesn't have a smell or colour ive heard before that the AC unit can cause condensation and therefore cause the dripping of water . My cars only a year old and is under warrenty if it turns out to be something else I'm just wondering if anyone else has had same problem before . Its a fiesta ecoboost 1.25 zetec s

My car leaks like a dog up a lamppost when the AC is on, its normal lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The AC dehumidifies as it runs, the water has to go somewhere :)

Don't worry about it

Yeah I thought that a dog had !Removed! all over my wheel till I noticed it was dripping from the car lol that's good news thanks lol

• Like 1

I had a similar shock with my new Fiesta back in April , it's the AC so as they say in a certain TV show "don't panic".

After owning a Mondeo ST24 which had serious issues with keeping its vital fluids off the driveway, when I got my Focus I had a mad panic when I saw a puddle forming under it. A quick check on here shown me that it is the AC Dehumidifier dripping, and the panic subsided.

Sent from my telegraph using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy to check if it's coming out of the engine, just look under the bonnet at the coolant tank. The AC will always do this dependant on the outside temperature also, it's condensation from warm air meeting cold parts you could leave your car running with AC at idle and open the door to your very own fiesta shaped lake in the summer months.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club