Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michelin Or Bridgestone?

focusdom

• 4 weeks later...

Go for Pirelli P Zeros mate. Best tyres I've ever had and slightly cheaper than the Bridgestone too. I had Bridgestone before so this isn't just me being biased.

I quite liked the Michelin because they had a rate of A in wet and a C in fuel compare to a B and E to Bridgestone.

But I didn't think about the P Zero yet I mite give them a go ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They are very grippy. Not sure what the fuel economy rating etc is like, bit in currently getting about 37mpg through town and about 40 on motorways and b roads

To be honest though mate I find it doesn't make much difference, I think it's just a marketing thing

i usually go by the look of the tread when deciding to buy funny i know

paul

Bridgestone turanza and Pirelli p-zero are prone for wearing funny even if your suspension and tracking is on. Turanza have a step which is around 0.5-1mm higher on the outer and inner edges so they wear down alot faster. An i cant stand the p-zero tread pattern. Id stick with the mich.

You got ask for the sticker info off each tyre. Noise db, rating in wet and fuel consumption

I wouldn't go for the p zero either. Not very reassuring in the wet/damp. One of the worst tyres I've had.

I wouldn't go for the p zero either. Not very reassuring in the wet/damp. One of the worst tyres I've had.

They don't do p zeros on 16inch anyway.

I think I stick with my Michelin ;)

• Like 1

Mine has Falkens on the rear, and cheapy Austones on the front. Haven't had any issues so far, haven't died yet. But I make allowances for the cheap tyres on the front, and I don't push my luck on them. I would be happy with Falkens all round, and will replace the Austones once they are knackered.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

You thought about giving uniroyal rainsports a go? They are brilliant in the wet and are made by Continental. Had them on my evo and Leon cupra and can't fault them

Mine has Falkens on the rear, and cheapy Austones on the front. Haven't had any issues so far, haven't died yet. But I make allowances for the cheap tyres on the front, and I don't push my luck on them. I would be happy with Falkens all round, and will replace the Austones once they are knackered.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Yeh falken are good midrange tyres I recommend you Hankooks mate the the best midrange tyres you can get just as good like too brand ones plus they the sort of same price like falkens or cheaper ;)

You thought about giving uniroyal rainsports a go? They are brilliant in the wet and are made by continental. Had them on my evo and Leon cupra and can't fault them

I was actually thinking of them but the i'm not to keen of the tread on one side it looks alright sort of pushes the rain out (think offside) but on the (near side) it looks like it brings the water in. Or it was the other way around hope you know what I mean :s

• Like 1

Yeah I know what you mean.... strange the tread isn't the same all over but I guess that's why they design tyres and not me.

Rainsport 3s use an asymmetric pattern to aid stability and reduce noise, there is a thick channel down the middle to disperse water that is sucked in on the 'wrong' side. They are far better than the directional RS2's were imo.

I don't want them on the Focus though, going for Dunlop Sport BluResponse all round next month myself. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club