Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of getting a Fiesta and have a few questions

Hello_Kitty

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions to ask about Fiestas and this is the place for it lol! I'm thinking of getting a Fiesta in the next few months (about 05/06 reg) and trading in my pretty Ford Ka (2001 Reg / Colour Coded Bumpers). I'm just wondering really which is the best model to go for within my budget hopefully of around £3500/4000. It depends on what i'm offered for my Ka on trade in as i'll be making the rest up with cash.

I joined the forum to find more information about Fiestas really, I'm not a car buff at all but I'd rather ask and find out.

What I wondered is:

• What would you say is the recommended/best Fiesta model for my budget?
  • I'd really like a built in CD player, is it better to get a seperate or aim for a Fiesta with one built in?
  • Are there any pitfalls I should know about with the car (i.e. common faults like the spark plugs on the Ka).
  • What do the different names mean - i.e. Flame/Freedom/Style etc...

I'll be using the car to commute to and from work/go shopping/camping every now and again. I won't be hammering the miles though. I've only done about 10,000 miles in my Ka and I've had it about 2 and a half years.

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions to ask about Fiestas and this is the place for it lol! I'm thinking of getting a Fiesta in the next few months (about 05/06 reg) and trading in my pretty Ford Ka (2001 Reg / Colour Coded Bumpers). I'm just wondering really which is the best model to go for within my budget hopefully of around £3500/4000. It depends on what i'm offered for my Ka on trade in as i'll be making the rest up with cash.

I joined the forum to find more information about Fiestas really, I'm not a car buff at all but I'd rather ask and find out.

What I wondered is:

• What would you say is the recommended/best Fiesta model for my budget?
  • I'd really like a built in CD player, is it better to get a seperate or aim for a Fiesta with one built in?
  • Are there any pitfalls I should know about with the car (i.e. common faults like the spark plugs on the Ka).
  • What do the different names mean - i.e. Flame/Freedom/Style etc...

I'll be using the car to commute to and from work/go shopping/camping every now and again. I won't be hammering the miles though. I've only done about 10,000 miles in my Ka and I've had it about 2 and a half years.

Thanks a lot!!! :)

[*]What do the different names mean - i.e. Flame/Freedom/Style etc...

.......... different specification of trim and equipment levels.

[*]Are there any pitfalls I should know about with the car (i.e. common faults like the spark plugs on the Ka)..............not really, except for some owners have had the front suspension springs collapse, other that that just the usual stuff a full service history would be good if you can get it

[*]I'd really like a built in CD player, is it better to get a seperate or aim for a Fiesta with one built in...........not sure,but i think all models including the base model have CD players now..cassettes are old hat

[*]What would you say is the recommended/best Fiesta model for my budget?....now thats a bit of a problem because ford have increased the price of the new one 3 times this year second hand ones are holding their price if not going up,I think your going to be hard pushed to get an 05/06 reg for the money you have,but please dont be fooled into buying something because you like it and its last owner was capt james t kirk with the milage to go with it you may be better of with the KA try the web first to get some sort of idea before you go around the dealers.

best of luck

Kristal

All joking aside, have you considered getting the scrappage deal and buying a new Fiesta with the 3.9% APR deal on Ford Options - it might be worth going into a dealers (or taking a good negotiator with you) and see what kind of deal you might be looking at.

I did it and was amazed that I could put what I have ordered, see spec below, for alot less than I thought and while I will have to keep it for 5 years to fully pay it off it is the kind of car I would be happy to be seen in in 2014.

All joking aside, have you considered getting the scrappage deal and buying a new Fiesta with the 3.9% APR deal on Ford Options - it might be worth going into a dealers (or taking a good negotiator with you) and see what kind of deal you might be looking at.

I did it and was amazed that I could put what I have ordered, see spec below, for alot less than I thought and while I will have to keep it for 5 years to fully pay it off it is the kind of car I would be happy to be seen in in 2014.

dont think the KA she has would be eligible for the scrappage allowence, think the cut off date is july/august 1999 or something like that. my 2000 fiesta certainly doesnt :(

air hostess is right in saying it might be difficult to get a good spec car of that reg with low milage for that cost, id go with the 1.25 zetec climate, as the engine is good enough and also is kind on your wallet, zetecs have added visual on the car that make it look better then the ones lower in the range and you get air con

Hi Everyone! Thanks alot for you replys!

You've answered my questions so i shall have a think and see if my budget can go up or i'll just go for the best i can find in my budget! I'm sure i could find a good 04 reg for my money.

Thanks alot again! : )

You should really shop around and find a revised Mk 6, with refreshed dash, and front and rear lights and bumpers. Also improved were interior space, and materials.

You can recognise the Mk 6.5 by the eyeball front side-lights, and circular rear reflectors; -- also, the passengers airbag "disappeared" below the dash surface.

It was such a big upgrade, it is worth finding one within budget. Also, Air-con, and CD players are major resale points, as are indications that it has not been in the hands of a "Hot-Rod" type.

The Mk 6.5 came in during the '55 reg period.

I own a '58 reg 1.25 Litre ZETEC Climate, and the standard kit is worth having, as there would be no need to inform my insurance of changes, the alloys being already fine. The only addition I made is velour mats, as the el-cheapo Ford standard ones they reluctantly gave out are like cord contract grade, with imitation heel-pads, -- just a stitched pattern. The velour set has both front mats fixed down.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club