Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrappage Deal

EzzyRallyBoy

Has anyone bought a new car via the scrappage deal yet ??

My dealer has asked for the MOT and V5 log book for our old car now, yet we don't pick the car up until later this week and he has told me there is no need to sign anything on the V5 form as we are not selling it but scraping it ??

Is this true ??

Anyone else used this new government scrappage scheme yet and can shed some light on the process please ??

Ta

Has anyone bought a new car via the scrappage deal yet ??

My dealer has asked for the MOT and V5 log book for our old car now, yet we don't pick the car up until later this week and he has told me there is no need to sign anything on the V5 form as we are not selling it but scraping it ??

Is this true ??

Anyone else used this new government scrappage scheme yet and can shed some light on the process please ??

Ta

My daughter has just used the scheme. She needed to get her MOT and V5 in a couple of days before delivery, but I am fairly certain she signed the V5 yellow slip. The dealers aren't too sure about it so it may not have been necessary. However I did ask and technically she is the one scrapping it - the dealer does not become the owner.

My daughter has just used the scheme. She needed to get her MOT and V5 in a couple of days before delivery, but I am fairly certain she signed the V5 yellow slip. The dealers aren't too sure about it so it may not have been necessary. However I did ask and technically she is the one scrapping it - the dealer does not become the owner.

Mr KPO - thanks that has put my mind at rest, they said they keep the cars until they have 7 or 8 then a scrap yard sends a transporter and takes them all away and the scrappy fills the forms in. I thought it sounded odd and they said don't worry if the cops stop me just come back in and collect documents, if I need them back again to prove I own the car etc

Ezzy

What do I do with the old V5C registration certificate?

When you trade in your old vehicle you should complete part 9 of the V5C and return it to DVLA to notify them that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle. The dealer will then keep a copy of the V5C. The original of the V5C goes with your car to the Authorised Treatment Facility where it will be scrapped.

http://www.ukcarscrappagescheme.co.uk/faqs/

What do I do with the old V5C registration certificate?

When you trade in your old vehicle you should complete part 9 of the V5C and return it to DVLA to notify them that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle. The dealer will then keep a copy of the V5C. The original of the V5C goes with your car to the Authorised Treatment Facility where it will be scrapped.

http://www.ukcarscrappagescheme.co.uk/faqs/

Thats very useful, thank you - I have just emailed the dealer now, appreciated

Thats very useful, thank you - I have just emailed the dealer now, appreciated

no problemo :lol:

Hi, I used it a month or so ago. The dealer took a photo copy of all the docs a week or so before the actual purchase day. On the day of exchange it was just treated the same as a part ex with me handing over the reg doc and mot. Told me they would sort it all out and I didn't need to do anything.

I exchanged cars on a Saturday and they told me they were only allowed a few days to scrap it and get the certificate to prove it sent off. Bearing in mind this was within the very first days of ford taking part in the scheme so things may have changed since.

Dealer adamant I don't need to sign V5 form (only if I am scrapping it) but the dismantlers will send me a letter when they have "cubed" it, apparently

Anyway swap done now will see what arrives in the post

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club