Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Chrome Trims

Jazman23

I've been ignoring it since i got the car because i didnt really see it as a big deal but when you wash the car and get it nice and shiny it kind of ruins it for me, the chrome trims around the car, which includes the sides, boot hatch and around the front grill all look like the image below

trim2.jpg

does anybody know what I can do to get rid of whatever it is? I spoke to Halfords and they said that it looks like the Lacquer has has been stripped away and with it being a plastic trim an entire respray would be needed to sort it.

Is there anyway other way i can sort it that someone may know of?

Get some glass polish to start then t cut or metal polish

Hi. I rarely actually wash mine (with water) and when I do, that annoys me as well. 99% of the time I use Showroom Shine (waterless cleaner) and it takes the chrome up really well. Might be worth trying something like that as after I have used water on mine I have to go round sorting out the chrome bits. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi. I rarely actually wash mine (with water) and when I do, that annoys me as well. 99% of the time I use Showroom Shine (waterless cleaner) and it takes the chrome up really well. Might be worth trying something like that as after I have used water on mine I have to go round sorting out the chrome bits. Hope you get it sorted.

I think i might of worded my original post wrong. This doesnt happen when I wash the car, its like that permanently. I've not tried T-cut yet as suggested above as its done nothing but rain lately, but I did try some Chrome / Metal shine (I know its plastic but thought it may work) and it didnt help. A friend tried T-cut on it a while back on a small portion and it didnt improve it either.

Ooooh, that would really annoy me if the "chrome" looked like that all the time. I wouldn't know what to do about that if it's not just water spots. Sorry, and good luck getting a solution.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club