Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Garage

mickyg1989

Just to let people no the problems we have bein having with a garage in Gateshead we bought the car from them and thought everything was ok until I got in the car and drove it as soon as I braked the whole car shock and pulled violently to the left and I also noticed the tyre was completely bald so I when straight back to the garage and raised my concerns he sed he would look at it so Monday came went into garage car was in no longer than half hour and he said the car just needed a slight realignment and the tyre in his words said the tyre was fine as soon as I got the car back they had used half a tank of diesel and the problem was still there so I returned back to the garage he said we were bein fussy so we got in touch with the warranty company and they said we need a independent report so we got dekra to do a full report which the engineer refused to drive the car as the tyre was bald the steering rack had 2 half inch of play and the clutch was slipping also the engineer was checking the spare tyre and found a hypodermic needle and a burnt spoon which indicated drug use in the car we spoke immediately to garage and he said we are just ringing up for a whinge and these things

He has point blankly refused us to hand the car back and now we have just found out that the company has now dissolved I fear I am stuck with this car

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Michael,

first off bleedin hell!

you have two options, if you paid more than £100 of the car on a credit card (deposit) then you have protection and can get a full refund from your card supplier. Otherwise, if you got the car on finance at all they are also able to support you.

Hiya thanks for the reply we put a deposit down using debit card and the rest was on finance but the the finance company say they are powerless due to already paying the garage the money for the car and garage refusing to give the money back

Get a solicitor involved an an see what the actual law is instead of gettin opinions off here. Unless someone is within the buisness - no offence untended

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Just bein to see a solicitor today whe have started legal proceedings against the garage

thats irrelevant:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-1708074/Lenders-shift-blame-to-avoid-faulty-car-claims.html

they have a requirement to protect you so you should be able to push the right buttons to get them to agree in support!

great hnews on the solicitor, I hope it sorts out soon!

So do I all I am asking is if I can hand the car back and get my money back

I know on new cars you can if you complain about a certian fault 3 times and the garage has been unable to rectify it.

If the car is in an un road worthy state then they shouldnt of sold you the car. But if an m.o.t is carried out just becuase the tyre is bald it can still be classed as legal. The brakes wont really come into it unless there is an obvious imballance.

You need to get legal advice really to get the ins and outs. Trading standards think they could help?

The report from dekra condemned the car and he refused to take it Owt on a test drive but the solicitor said we have a very strong case against the garage

Good luck and I hope you get compensation also

Same here my fiancé is going thru cancer treatment so this is the last thing we need

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that and I wish her the best recovery. That would probably play a large part in additional compensation for the stress and trouble...

Thank you she is strong and plus i think she is enjoying the argument it keeps her mind of things

• Like 1

In which case I hope it drags on until she is recovered and her mind is kept distracted :-P

Haha could class it as an alternative therapy

Hope you get somewhere with it. And hope for a speedy recovery! My mate is going to be working there the start of nect week. Hes a good mechanic tho so might help a few people out like yourself

Thank u mate I hope so Aswel I jst want everything sorting soon as possible but can see this dragging on

Yeah it will do. They will try everything to get around the situation. Try an find little loop holes im affriad. Just listern an take advice to the solicitor. You shpuldnt be able to go wrong.

I make sure all the cars are in road worth conditions when they go to a customer. But im only a mechanic. Its down to the salesman an his...erm... words from there on after lol

Sadly there are too many cars in this shoddy condition, we will never get them all off the road...

Ano they are already trying everything they can do get out of responsibility Saying they sell so many cars that they can check everything on a car and they said the tyre was completely legal but we went to 4 independent garages all said it was illegal and word of failed an mot

Haha what a load of bull faeces, selling one car or a million, the damned thing should be checked from head to toe before sale, in roadworthy condition and safe throughout. Anything less is illegal and dangerous. Air con not working or a failed clutch after sale is one thing but unless you were doing wheelspins for about 1000 miles there is no way you could have stuffed that tyre. The alignment and other issues are a combination of little more than a cut and shut seller.

The dekra report said there was slot parts near of life and garage refused this report saying we are nit picking and we have a bought a used car and u expect to find these problems with a used car which is rubbish it had a cracked fog light and a bald tyre and still passed an mot with out a single advisory

Cracked fog is about the only one you can expect as reasonable, yet most businesses would replace it anyway for 30 quid or so

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club