Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Garage

mickyg1989

Ano it ain't I ain't really sure what my options are now

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Go it alone, treat the car like a private purchase, keep all receipts and try get your money back. Alternatively, sell the car and start again

We are just going to pay get the car fixed and try and recover our costs

That's all you can do, so what are the outstanding problems right now?

Well the car still shakes under braking and at high speed the steering wheel is of set by about quarter turn and pulls really bad to left the fuel consumption is really poor am getting about 30.7 around the doors and 39.9 on a 40 mile on a motorway every day each way

Well the car still shakes under braking and at high speed the steering wheel is of set by about quarter turn and pulls really bad to left the fuel consumption is really poor am getting about 30.7 around the doors and 39.9 on a 40 mile on a motorway every day each way

Shaking braking means anything from wheel balance, alignment, pads could be worn or disks warped, balance and alignment are cheapest to have checked, depending on where the wobbles coming from, try swapping the wheels back and front and see if it feels the same, then if it is it could be balancing, or a tyre, if it's the same it's likely a warped disk.

Pulling left I'd likely alignment but check all tyre tread and pressure is as recommended. Depending how off the steering wheel is you may have it resolved by alignment or the rack may need checking, if it's good then the steering wheel may have previously been removed and put on at an incorrect angle, so may just need centering either the alignment.

Mpg is a number of factors, sorting out the above will help, but to get the best mpg you need to change the air filter, fuel filter, oil filter and oil, to be honest a decent service would be needed.

My guess at your expenses here is as fillows:

Balancing: 10

Alignment : 60

service (self) : 30

service (garage) : 110

Total 100 to 210

Now other potential costs...

Value pads and disks: 80

Branded pads and disks :100

Garage bill: 100

New tyre/s: 70 each.

So the cost could be as little as 80 on top or 250 on top of th e previous expense...

That's a quick guesstimate anyway....

I have put brand new tyres disk and pads on and I have had the tracking done and still the car shakes under braking also the oil warning is on even tho it was serviced 2000 miles ago at ford I have tried resetting but just keeps coming back on can you give me any suggestions to what maybe the cause

Instill windows windows if balance may be related but it something I still think there's more to it... I would swap the wheels around though

Il try swap the wheels round see if that makes a difference to the car

First of all Hi all new here :)

Have not had time to read the whole thread....

Is the company you purchased it from a Limited company? If it is not worth your while taking civil action against them, make sure you contact the local trading standards. They can enforce criminal legislation, depending on the evidence etc, they potentially with an engineers report may look at proceeding under safety, as well as Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. They can take action against a director for consent, neglect or convenience to an offence taking place. - Unfortunately this will not get you your money back, but could result in a prosecution been taken against the trader.

Also you can report to Vosa again with any reports you have taken on the vehicle regarding its MOT. The MOT station will not be happy about VOSA sniffing around if they have put a hooky MOT on it, and will more than likey fall out with the trader.

You should not need a solictor to proceed civil action, and its not expensive to take them through civil courts ring the Citizens Advice they will advise you on how to proceed against him that way. Even though its difficult it is a problem if you start repairing the car your self etc... Also Citizen Advice will send any criminal elements over to Trading Standards.

Like others have mentioned you need to also consider action against the Finance company. Under the Credit legislation they can be equally liable as the trader... again speak with Citizen Advice...

Sorry if a lot of above has been covered, I did not have time to read all 6 pages. Feel free to private message me if I can be of any further help to you. Or you need me to expand on anything further.

• Like 1

Hiya cyber killer can I email the report that we had done on the car and our follow up letter because we have no luck with trading standards the finance company and visa they say it's not there problem

If they made any payment exceeding 100 they are liable to support you, if they don't complain to the financial ombudsman.

We have Been advised we have to wait 8 weeks before we can complain

It's bein 4 weeks since they received our letter with no reply so just another 4 weeks to go

• 4 months later...

Hiya just a update my car is completely broke I broke down in Manchester airport and had to be towed all the way home the car recently had a Ecu fitted by the garage which I later found out was a 2nd hand 1 and after that the car wudnt lock and the alarm kept going off and now according to Aa to computer units are broke and going to cost about 900 each which I can't afford so I have being with no car for 5 weeks we are completely at a loss what to do

If the car is stuffed by their error and your still within 6 months, reject it.

We have tried they won't have anything to do with it that matter has bein passed to the financial ombudsman

In which case raise your complaint direct to them. Advise them you start a new job shortly requiring a vehicle for commuting to work and this situation is not one you can afford to impact your job. Then chase the ombudsman repeatedly. They clearly need to get their act together also.

I need all the help I can get thank you

under the sales of goods act you can return the car as it is not fit for purpose the finance company should be able to help you out with this also if you have paid off 50% of the finance you can hand the car back to the finance company and there is nothing they can do about and you are not responsible for the outstanding amount also if the car is under warranty you can push for them to make all the repairs under the warranty thats if you want to keep it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club