Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Or 1.0 Eco Boost

Roxanne8907

Is it worth me upgrading to a 1.0 litre Eco boost or sticking with my 1.6 don't want to loose power

Thoughts please x

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

the 125 ecoboost will probably feel more powerful than the standard 1.6 engine of the previous models

I've just replaced my 09 plate Focus 1.6 petrol with a 63 plate 1.0 125ps Focus.

It's brilliant, actually feels faster than my other car. Can't believe it's only a one litre engine. If in doubt take a test drive but I'm sold.

• Like 1

in my opinion the 1600 mk2.5 and mk3 1600 my dad has both are gutless, The 1.0 eco boost(wicked ) would be my option but never ever the 1.0 non turbo omg I could do forward rolls faster .........

I've currently got a 59 plate titanium focus the facelift one in chill but my ford dealer has mentioned about the 1.0 Eco boost which is a turbo but it's a zetec ... I'm just trying to convince my self to to upgrade but I almost feel like it's down grading as I've got push button cruise control , an arm rest (I know sounds really small but I will miss that ) auto lights auto wipers and Sony stereo ... But my budget is really tight but the Eco boost fits the budget arghhh I just dunno now

The Zetec doesn't come with any of the options as standard. If you can live without them (difficult I know if you're used to them) then the Zetec is a good car. If you are looking at a nearly new car then look at different cars as some previous owners may have specified extras. When I was looking for a Focus Zetec to replace my last one I saw several with additional options. I saw a 14 plate Zetec with premium armrest, push button start, City and Appearance pack. Only problem was it was for sale at TrustFord Eltham (another story)

I eventually bought a Zetec S as it had a few extras that I felt made the car look and drive better. If you're buying new then option packs are there to let you build up a car to suit.

And unless you spend all your driving time in and around town DON'T get the 1.0 100ps. Go for the 1.0 125.

Good luck.

Thank you I will have to check it's the 125 otherwise it's not worth it is it x

It says zetec turbo does anyone know if that's the 125 version or 100 version please

When I do insurance search its zetec turbo (99) comes up is the slower version ?

Hi Roxanne,

That's the lower power model. It should show 124 or 125ps.

As said the 100 is fine for around town but pretty gutless on major roads or motorways.

I don't often drive on motor ways or major roads but when I do I want to be able to keep up my curret car has no probs it maybe a little slow but I can get about 90 out of it ... I really can't decide now I'm a bit butted it's not the faster version as I was pretty much going to go for it but I don't want a gutless car with no gadgets boo lol

Another way to tell the difference -

The 100ps has a five speed gear box and the 125 has a six speed gearbox

Ok brill thanks for you help x

Went and saw my dealer today has found me the 125 version ecoboost it's a 12 plate with only 4k on the clock I'm a very lucky girl :-)

• Like 1

I bought the other month focus zetec z 125 ecoboost. Fully loaded. When that turbo kicks in it flys!! Previous was car was 1.8 Sri and I was very pleasantly shocked when I took the focus out on a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I could only get up to 50/60 as is all villiage roads near me will test it next week tho ;-)

Very nice!!! Candy red? My favourite colour for the Focus!

Looks good. Is that Race Red?

I did consider the Candy Red but think I'm a bit old for a red car, though.

I'm using every possible excuse and reason to drive the car. Slightest opportunity gives me a chance.

You know I'm not sure it's defo not Mars red its a metallic dark red I've looked online but it's said either race red or ruby red but I'm sure the Dealer said something about apples lol

Fantastic car. Can't stop smiling in my 1.0 zetec s . The cornering is amazin and turns some heads when you have a play lol. Stunning colour the candy red.

Test drove a 1.6 and it was gutless. Very disapointed. I was told the new 1 litre would be more powerful . . . er . . . how??? Well I saw a Zetec S that I liked the look of but it had a 1.0 Ecoboost engine. Took it out and straight away found it was more powerful than the 1.6 I had just driven.

What's the difference between zetec s ecoboost and 1.0 ecoboost 125 edition

The Zetec S only comes with the 125ps ecoboost engine but other models in the range can be either 100 or 125. So your 125 engine is the same as in the Zetec S.