Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Clear Windscreen

charlierwalker

Hi Guys.

I'm new to Ford so please excuse me if this seems simple.

I picked up my 2011 Focus Titanium 2 weeks ago but I've noticed a problem with the quick clear windscreen.

There is a 2" wide patch top to bottom of the windscreen just to left of mirror that takes twice as long to clear as the rest of the screen.

Would the mounting of a dash can behind the mirror with a 3M double sided pad affect this? its not in direct line but I want to clear my back before taking it to the dealer.

Thanks

Charles

I have noticed the same thing on mine. I think there are two circuits, one for each side of the windscreen and so there is a narrow dead patch between the two. It doesn't bother me though and clears quite quickly in any case.

There is a gap in the middle of the windscreen.

I don't know if it is for the rain sensor, or just two different circuits as mentioned above...

You want the rain sensor to be clear ideally so I doubt they'd leave a gap for it. There are 2 circuits as above though, with a fuse for each iirc as it takes so much power.

The rain sensor shouldn't get steamed up from the inside anyway as it is sealed on.

Was just one theory, but it doesn't work when you have the driver assistance pack because then they are in different places, lol.

The rain sensor shouldn't get steamed up from the inside anyway as it is sealed on.

Was just one theory, but it doesn't work when you have the driver assistance pack because then they are in different places, lol.

Very true, I was thinking more of ice tbh! Ice on the sensor will obviously make the wipers go mad lol.

Unlke the rear window the filaments in the windscreen are actually inside the glass so anything stuck on the inside won't be in contact with them. As said there is a gap in between the two sides so the center does take longer to clear. Try looking very closely at the screen, the filaments are visible so you should be able to see where one side ends and the other starts. Chances are it will tie in with the area that wasn't clearing!

Really you only need it in ice and snow the aircon dows the job itself but if you need to aircon to windscreen with quick clear on the middle clears quicker.just remember it uses a lot of power so as ford state only use it when you really need to

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club