Do Not Sell My Personal Information

which bulb�?

smcqis

My mk6 1.4 TCDI is due MOT this week and ive just noticed my back left brake light isnt working, which bulb type do i need to get?i assume this bulb is different from the back light that goes on when headlights go on as this worksis it easy to replace ?

it is the same bulb, its a two filament bulb 21/5w "stop/tail"

replacing the bulb can be tricky but can be done with a phillips screw driver, some time and effort

i can go into detail if your going to do it yourself

it is the same bulb, its a

replacing the bulb can be tricky but can be done with a phillips screw driver, some time and effort

i can go into detail if your going to do it yourself

i would appreciate any help you could give me mate, thanks for the reply need to get me one of those bulbs today, i take it any car shop will have them

its a double contact bulb

first you need to remove the 2 screws from the outside

then you need to go inside the boot behind the light unit near the bottom there will a electrical plug to disconnect (small button on side)

near this there will be a large cross shaped plastic nut that scews off by hand (might be very tight)

this should release the bottom half of light unit, the top half is held on by a plastic clip which will release with a strong tug

once the unit is off the car the centre section of the rear comes out to access all bulbs

hope this helps, let me know if you have any problems