Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Insurances? What Are You Paying?

ashleymount95

Both in our 40's full no claims both been driving for 20 + years, no accidents or endorsements = £268 fully comp for our 2014 1.6 tdci focus.

• 2 weeks later...

37yrs old, 15 yrs NCB, clean licence £196 fully comp 2012 Focus Zetec S 1.6 Ecoboost.

• Like 1

2006 Focus Zetec Climate 2.0 (Petrol) - £330 in my wife's name, was £333 for me the previous year - cover is fully comprehensive with protected no claims and £350 excess.

My wife and I share the car so we alternate who is insured as main driver each year. We're 34 years old, wife has 7 years no claims and I've got 11 - I've never made a claim and my wife hasn't in the last 15 years.

As I'm just starting doing some modifications I have just asked MORE TH>N about getting the car vinyl wrapped (which I'm definitely going to do) and lowering the suspension (which I may do further down the line). They refuse to cover any performance mods but the wrapping can be added for free.

I've just bought a 2011 Mk 4 Mondeo Titanium X Estate, and my renewal was £215 Fully Comp. with protected NC's, legal, windscreen, breakdown etc, which was £40 less that it was for my previous car a Saab 95. I've got more years no claims than I wish to remember 60+ I live in Cumbria so I suppose that helped a bit. I insured via Hastings Direct, other quotes I got hovered around the £250 - £300 mark

• 2 weeks later...

£1240 with carrot insurance and that's with a telematic box I'm only 23 and live in south London so quite expensive

That is cheap for South London how many no claims do you have

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

24 Years Old, Passed Test on Tuesday 23rd June 2015, 0 Years No Claims , 2006 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCi : £909 Direct Line

Fully Comp

Telematics (I'm not driving like a lunatic)

Legal Protection

Windscreen Cover

Breakdown Cover

20% Household Policy Discount

That is cheap for South London how many no claims do you have

Only 1 year mate.

I'm in west London and even with 8 ncd no points one non fault accident age 31 they still are trying to charge me over £1300 but I find confused.com and Adrian flux the best places to get quotes for london

• 2 weeks later...

I was with Kwik Fit for years, the prices just kept creeping up, it really doesn't pay to just auto renew!

At 54 with 9 years no claims and no points, they had the absolute cheek to ask for £1000 a year fully comp, with the usual extras - road side assistance, legal fees etc, for a 53 plate 1.8dci focus.

When I phoned to cancel, they said that perhaps they could get it down a bit, I responded that I would have thought that as a loyal customer for 9 years, they would have automatically rewarded me with a reasonable rate.

Long story short - cancelled and went to Police Mutual, exact same details of insurance for £240 a year.

Some insurance companies rates are almost tantamount to legalised theft!!........... rant over

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Was paying £300 through Ford insure, but after adding a few mods they wouldn't insure me.

Ended up going through LV insurance which is £50 cheaper with all mods declared.

• 3 weeks later...

2006 Focus Zetec Climate 2.0 (Petrol) - £330 in my wife's name, was £333 for me the previous year - cover is fully comprehensive with protected no claims and £350 excess.

My wife and I share the car so we alternate who is insured as main driver each year. We're 34 years old, wife has 7 years no claims and I've got 11 - I've never made a claim and my wife hasn't in the last 15 years.

As I'm just starting doing some modifications I have just asked MORE TH>N about getting the car vinyl wrapped (which I'm definitely going to do) and lowering the suspension (which I may do further down the line). They refuse to cover any performance mods but the wrapping can be added for free.

Car has been wrapped and next week is getting new Eibach springs fitted and a remap. As a result I've had to get a new insurance policy as More Than won't insure the mods. Premium has increased to £469 with Trinity Lane (via Adrian Flux).

I'm 47, 12 yrs NCB, no convictions.

Currently have a Mondeo ST with mods declared (replacement engine, K&N filter, Eibachs, S/S exhaust) - £285 fully comp with protected NCB and £0 voluntary excess.

Been quoted as low as £216 for the new Mondeo (2ltr petrol titanium) starting from 1st Sept.

• 4 weeks later...

It's almost renewal time...and despite adding modifications and business cover mid-policy, my renewal quote is almost identical to last years premium!! Literally within pennies!!

2011 1.6 Focus Titanium Petrol

1 NCB, 24 years old (25 next week)

= £118 pm

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my renewal from Admiral - £379. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They kindly offered to renew without me doing anything too! Given I've been quoted £204 by Aviva, I think you know what happened next...

• 4 weeks later...

We, (the boss lady and me, car insured in her name, me as named driver), pay 327 quid fully comp with protected no claims, on a 2003, focus 1.8 ghia with the zetec engine.

She has 7 years no claims, I have full discount, ( but don't matter in this case), I am 52, boss lady is a little younger...(daren't put her age here, my life is short enough lol).

That is with A plan in Hemel Hempstead. Have had cheaper quotes, but prefer the convenience of just being able to pop in to their office in town if need be.....been with them over 10 years, service is second to none, and always spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Now paying 50.36 a month through Premium Choice. cheapest i could find it. No company seems to care if you have a dashcam though!

^ There are a few that take dashcams into account - I get a 10% discount from AXA. It should be the same for every insurance company really, and it would be good to see car manufacturers offering built-in dashcams as an option.

• Like 2

Insurance is 2100 for me. 18, passed last month. Zetec 1.25 2013 model.

£157 pcm last payment this month, had a quote off Moneysupermarket and cheapest is £850 a year and that's with 0 NCB( 1 crash in January) and an sp30. Which at 23 on a 150 bhp with that all important swear word of TURBO DUN DUN DUUNNNNNNNN, I'm happy with that, presuming my Astra was declared modded pumping out 170 BHP and £75 a month( that was before accident 4 years NCB and no speeding tickets)

£220 for the 1.0 Ecoboost and £250 for the ST TDCI

I got a quote earlier in the month of £495 & now even cheaper to £470. With all mods declared . This is for focus Titanium 2010 1.6 duratec

Yunii

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance is 2100 for me. 18, passed last month. Zetec 1.25 2013 model.

Jesus £2100? Thats crazy! I'm 19 and my 1.6 is £900 with a local firm and after market mods. 1 Year no claims too

I know it is. Living in Lonfon, so prices are extortionate :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club