Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding Clutch 2005-2008 1.6 Petrol

leeroy_25

After disconnecting the clutch pipe for the engine swap I now need to bleed the clutch. Can someone explain how the bleed nipple works. I have only ever seen old screw type ones. This looks like some kind of clip?

And who the hell thought of the position for the fluid reservoir! Nice one!

Thank you

Lee

The clutch should bleed through a bleed nipple as per usual clutch systems - have you got a photo of what you're looking at? Bleed nipple will be on the slave cylinder with little rubber cap over it.

The fluid reservoir isn't exactly in a handy place is it? ive got a 50ml syringe for jobs like that ;)

Just done a mates mk1 and the bleed nipple swivelled to the left to open right to close I use one of those one man bleed devices off the spare wheel air pressure works a treat .

I went out to take a picture and and closer look with a fresh set of eyes and can see that it looks like a plastic thumb screw to lock it off essentially. So that confirms my thoughts. Thanks. What is this pressure bleed device I keep hearing about? I normally opt for a pipe into a bottle of fluid and pump the pedal.

Cheers

Lee

Clutches can be a right pita to bleed without a pressure or vacuum bleeder

Does using the pressure method back fill the fluid reservoir? I suspect I could make something easy enough with some airline and a bottle? Will I need to bleed the brakes too where the clutch has been off or should air not pass into that side?

It keeps the reservoir filled up using one of those kits. You won't need to touch the brakes

You will not need to bleed the brakes. You can also try just opening bleed nipple with a pipe into a bottle fluid will slowly come out remember to top up reservoir don't push clutch pedal just use graverty this takes time

Looked at the pressure bleeds. They look useful. If I take a big syringe and fill it with fluid and push up the bleeds nipple do we think that will work? You can get pressure bleeders for bikes like this? Just need to watch not to overfill reservoir assuming you can push the syringe?

Not sure myself either, may depend on the design of the bypasses etc within the clutch master cylinder if it will let fluid backfill to the reservoir. When I've bled my clutch it's been as part of a brake fluid change so back-bleeding wouldn't help anyway.

The eezi bleed kits are really useful I've found, makes the whole process for clutch or brake bleeding a 1 person process :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club