Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Renew My Ford Fiesta

NathJ

Right guys,

This is my first post to this forum after taking a look through the great forum there does seem to be a whole lot of knowledge people are sharing which is why I am here and decided to join as I could do with some advice! (Of course, I will also help anyone out if I can in any way as well)

So I have currently got a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.0L Ecoboost and I have fortunately got a Ford Privilege offer with it, but it is has just surpassed the 9 month period I am required to keep it and I am looking to change it for a new one.

Now I'm not sure if anyone has experienced doing this before but I am slightly confused about what my options are as this was the first time that I have got a new car with the Ford Options, but I have been advised by a sales exec that is is currently in negative equity and I wanted to change the car for a new one and don't really fully understand how this effects me.

On a side note I have gone onto Orangewheels for a look at what I can get for the new car and I'm a bit sceptical on how this works as well. Would they still be able to take Ford Privilege voucher? If anyone has the answer to this then I would so grateful, I have emailed them about this but of course they may take a while to get back to me. Even so should I get the best discount I can first and then apply the Ford Privilege offer on them?

Another side note! (sorry), is what car to go for next as I am torn between the Zetec s, Titanium and maybe if I can get a real nice discount an ST. Bearing in mind that at the moment I have seen a good Titanium discount with Orangewheels.

Thank you very much in advance, if you could help a newbie out then that would be brilliant!

Bought my car through orangewheels bt not on ford privilege so don't know about how that works but I'm sure they'll tell you the are pretty good and should get back to you soon

I would imagine the privilege discount would only be applied if buying from a Ford dealer.

Did they say how much negative equity the car is in?

Totally lost in your options thing, but spec of car I think depends on age...... when I was younger, all I wanted was good looks, and neglected to find interior comforts essential....... Nowadays, ( I drive a titanium ) I'm more inclined to want interior comforts and not to bothered about what people think about the outside. I sit in the drivers seat, and can't see the outside of the car from where I sit, but have numerous buttons to press and knobs to turn making my driving experience all the more enjoyable..... as I said, personal choice.....

If it helps I just got an ST-3 with pric discount, albeit from a main dealer.. Managed to get the list price down from circa 20k (w/ parking sensors) to 15k flat after discount..

That said I did go in to the dealer after having looked on websites like carwow and drive the dealer (correct if wrong I can't remember) they did pretty good in matching quotes from these places.. So that may be while the end figure was so low :')

It's a shame it's not a straight trade in as you can get them to give you more for the p/ex so the figures work in your 'favour' but in the end pcp/part ex the dealer always comes out on top..

It just depends on what's right for you that works with your budget and meets all the demands you have from the car!

If it was me though I'd go ST every time if you can deal with filling up every 50 miles :P

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Bought my car through orangewheels bt not on ford privilege so don't know about how that works but I'm sure they'll tell you the are pretty good and should get back to you soon

I'm glad to see and hear that as I have never come across as company or website that does this so wanted to make sure it was all legit! Thanks.

I would imagine the privilege discount would only be applied if buying from a Ford dealer.

Did they say how much negative equity the car is in?

They didn't give me the amount but he gave me a quote with me putting a deposit of £1000 down on top which they said would cover it, so somewhere within that but they probably added more than I needed.

Totally lost in your options thing, but spec of car I think depends on age...... when I was younger, all I wanted was good looks, and neglected to find interior comforts essential....... Nowadays, ( I drive a titanium ) I'm more inclined to want interior comforts and not to bothered about what people think about the outside. I sit in the drivers seat, and can't see the outside of the car from where I sit, but have numerous buttons to press and knobs to turn making my driving experience all the more enjoyable..... as I said, personal choice.....

I can very much see the attraction to driving the sporty looking models which is why I'm considering the Zetec S but I to like you am looking for the Titanium simply for the interior comforts and driver aids. That's not saying that the fiesta looks any less good looking as I think the new fiesta looks superb regardless!

If it helps I just got an ST-3 with pric discount, albeit from a main dealer.. Managed to get the list price down from circa 20k (w/ parking sensors) to 15k flat after discount..

That said I did go in to the dealer after having looked on websites like carwow and drive the dealer (correct if wrong I can't remember) they did pretty good in matching quotes from these places.. So that may be while the end figure was so low :')

It's a shame it's not a straight trade in as you can get them to give you more for the p/ex so the figures work in your 'favour' but in the end pcp/part ex the dealer always comes out on top..

It just depends on what's right for you that works with your budget and meets all the demands you have from the car!

If it was me though I'd go ST every time if you can deal with filling up every 50 miles :P

Now, you see if I could get an amazing deal like that on an ST then I really would consider it! Yes, it is a shame but I'm happy about the fact that I am fortunate and lucky enough to get the ford privilege discount, which is why I am looking to change the car every 9 months. But as this will be my first time in doing it then I was just wondering what experiences people have had in doing this and what to look out for etc.

It was actually your posts that I was looking at before I registered for an account! And they had me thinking, so thank you for your reply.

But sure enough I'm going to have to seriously think which model to go for first and go from there. I have put myself out there to get some quotes for different models to help make my decision in any case for now.

Yeah sounds good! Don't rush in to it or you'll pay extra for no reason at all, plus you've already got a virtually new car anyway so no need!

Which post were you reading out of interest ;) ha

If you do need anything then feel free to PM me or here obviously! I would recommend a look at carwow, they send the spec you want out to dealers who then reply to you with quotes - they can't contact you which is good for peace of mind - no one wants to be hassled by an angry salesman.. But because it's done through genuine ford dealers they're able to apply priv on top.. :) for your ref though you can just take £1700 off the asking price :P

I was considering the 1.0L 140ps edition before I opted for the ST, more horses per litre than a Bugatti ;) in the end though it didn't work out much more for an ST so thought f*ck it!

Yeah sounds good! Don't rush in to it or you'll pay extra for no reason at all, plus you've already got a virtually new car anyway so no need!

Which post were you reading out of interest ;) ha

If you do need anything then feel free to PM me or here obviously! I would recommend a look at carwow, they send the spec you want out to dealers who then reply to you with quotes - they can't contact you which is good for peace of mind - no one wants to be hassled by an angry salesman.. But because it's done through genuine ford dealers they're able to apply priv on top.. :) for your ref though you can just take £1700 off the asking price :P

I was considering the 1.0L 140ps edition before I opted for the ST, more horses per litre than a Bugatti ;) in the end though it didn't work out much more for an ST so thought f*ck it!

Yeah, I'm going around getting a good few quotes. The best I have come across so far is on Drive the Deal, but i'm not sure as to whether they would accept the Ford Privilege on top, from what I can see they also deal with the main dealerships so I can't see why not.

I'm not to sure as to which post that was as I did a search for privilege on here and came across one of the posts, but I can see that even you were a bit indecisive about what model to go for etc. As there are so many different deals available in some cases it's hard to compare but I guess it just comes down to what model and options you want first and then just simply finding the cheapest quotes.

Thank you for that. I have been onto carwow now that you have mentioned it and did a few quotes last night and have had a few back but they do need match or beat the ones on drive the deal at the moment. But as that website is a bit more advanced and user friendly I have messaged back to some of the offers so fingers crossed eh!

I know man, I was really considering it but maybe next time! Unless I get an offer that is to good to turn down then I am happy to wait for now.

Cheers,

I would advise that your dealer is offering you a rubbish PX price ! Hence your negative equity.

Go to google and type in FORD CAP. Get a realistic valuation, you should be aiming for trade inn clean, then work out to pay off the finance whether you in positive or negative.

For a ST3 you should be aiming to pay with a priv voucher £15k depending on options (+£X)

Yeah, I'm going around getting a good few quotes. The best I have come across so far is on Drive the Deal, but i'm not sure as to whether they would accept the Ford Privilege on top, from what I can see they also deal with the main dealerships so I can't see why not.

I'm not to sure as to which post that was as I did a search for privilege on here and came across one of the posts, but I can see that even you were a bit indecisive about what model to go for etc. As there are so many different deals available in some cases it's hard to compare but I guess it just comes down to what model and options you want first and then just simply finding the cheapest quotes.

Thank you for that. I have been onto carwow now that you have mentioned it and did a few quotes last night and have had a few back but they do need match or beat the ones on drive the deal at the moment. But as that website is a bit more advanced and user friendly I have messaged back to some of the offers so fingers crossed eh!

I know man, I was really considering it but maybe next time! Unless I get an offer that is to good to turn down then I am happy to wait for now.

Cheers,

If it helps one of the dealers Drivethedeal use is WRDavies in Newtown, north wales. Give them a all and ask if they will do privilege discount on top of the Drivethedeal discount and take your car in also.

I'd tell them where to go and take your custom else well.

• Like 1

I would advise that your dealer is offering you a rubbish PX price ! Hence your negative equity.

Go to google and type in FORD CAP. Get a realistic valuation, you should be aiming for trade inn clean, then work out to pay off the finance whether you in positive or negative.

For a ST3 you should be aiming to pay with a priv voucher £15k depending on options (+£X)

Thank you for that, I have go onto the Ford CAP to get a valuation and the clean trade in was if I remember rightly £8,595-£9,100.

And the first quote that they had given was for a trade in price of £7,700 with a less finance settlement of £8535 and that was with a cash deposit of £1000. Then they also gave me another quote of p/x £8,535 and a less finance settlement of £8,959.

So I'm not quite sure with that, I have not yet got back to them as of yet to further explain about this.

If it helps one of the dealers Drivethedeal use is WRDavies in Newtown, north wales. Give them a all and ask if they will do privilege discount on top of the Drivethedeal discount and take your car in also.

That sounds great! I have given this information on my quote with drive the deal so fingers crossed that they are able to check this for me. I'm really not sure what dealers they have available for me and whether they will be close is another thing, in any case if I do get a good enough deal then I would be happy to pick the car up but they do offer delivery which is chargeable for anywhere outside of England from what I can see. But this way I can take a look over the car before any cash payments etc.

The only thing I'd mention (I'm not sure about this hence why I went to a local dealer) is if you have any trouble with the car and it's been bought via DTD, carwow, OW.. Will you have to move heaven and earth for the supplying dealer to have a look at it? Or will you be able to take it in virtually anywhere?

That lingering thought was what prompted me to go for a local dealer, can't fault the staff in the local garage either, knew exactly what I was up to when I went in there armed with quotes and told me in black and white what they can/can't do...

The other option is to ask what they have as 'pre allocated stock' I'll just assume you don't know what is meant by that (I'm sure you do) but a vehicle pre built but NOT registered usually with delivery miles.. They're usually built so Ford have available stock if demand is high or extra for fleet vehicles..

With these cars as opposed to factory order there are less waiting times (usually around 2 weeks or less depending if they're in the UK already) and dealers can usually take a bit 'extra' off these as the company can give certain allowances to ensure that targets are met for the month and they have continually rolling stocks...

So if the dealer is like 'no way we can do that deal' then ask if they can find you one from stock... Sometimes you have less choice over goodies but was ideal for me as the price sold the car not the features :)

Lastly (and sorry for the essay here) you could always just fabricate things like I did going between 3 dealers, play them at their own game.. Dealer A gave me £x quote, but dealer B said they can give me more for my p/ex and a free tank of fuel.. What can you do dealer C? More often than not they match or better it (unless you've got them in a corner with virtually 0% margin!)

Ps don't tell them about priv until you've basically inked their sheet of A4!!

Any dealership will look at problems with the car, go and pick the car up, have a good look around it and only sign for it when completely happy. Any problems with it from then can be done at any dealer.

You've bought the car from ford, via a dealer, ford are providing the warranty.

Get the best deal for you, get as much out of them as possible rather than them getting your money, I haven't got a good word to say about my local dealer which is why I used and would recommend DTD or carwow etc.

Any dealership will look at problems with the car, go and pick the car up, have a good look around it and only sign for it when completely happy. Any problems with it from then can be done at any dealer.

Get the best deal for you, get as much out of them as possible rather than them getting your money, I haven't got a good word to say about my local dealer which is why I used and would recommend DTD or carwow etc.

Thanks for clearing that up for me aha, means I don't have to travel half hour if there's any issues and can go to the dealer 5 mins down the road - they don't like me too much after I backed out citing the deal was not financially viable - only to scoot down to wycombe the next day and put a deposit down :P

Some people do enjoy the 'customer experience' when purchasing high end goods which is why dealers aren't out of business yet, I suppose for me it was peace of mind that there was already dialogue between the dealer and I...

Sorry if I'm waffling, I've been doing my customer experience management module and I've got an assignment on BMW MINI production so needless to say I'm in the zone tonight :') lol

May I ask why you don't like your nearest dealer?

The service and parts department are great, have been using them for many years and never had an issue, it's just the sales dept are lying cheating !Removed!.

Once you've found a go salesman keep him. I've been using the same guy for nine years, I always check prices to be fair he's been out twice by only a few hundred but always beats the deal I tell him I've found.

When I chop my car in the hand over takes 4 mins and we just chat socially with a coffee. There's no nonsense.

The only thing I'd mention (I'm not sure about this hence why I went to a local dealer) is if you have any trouble with the car and it's been bought via DTD, carwow, OW.. Will you have to move heaven and earth for the supplying dealer to have a look at it? Or will you be able to take it in virtually anywhere?

That lingering thought was what prompted me to go for a local dealer, can't fault the staff in the local garage either, knew exactly what I was up to when I went in there armed with quotes and told me in black and white what they can/can't do...

The other option is to ask what they have as 'pre allocated stock' I'll just assume you don't know what is meant by that (I'm sure you do) but a vehicle pre built but NOT registered usually with delivery miles.. They're usually built so Ford have available stock if demand is high or extra for fleet vehicles..

With these cars as opposed to factory order there are less waiting times (usually around 2 weeks or less depending if they're in the UK already) and dealers can usually take a bit 'extra' off these as the company can give certain allowances to ensure that targets are met for the month and they have continually rolling stocks...

So if the dealer is like 'no way we can do that deal' then ask if they can find you one from stock... Sometimes you have less choice over goodies but was ideal for me as the price sold the car not the features :)

Lastly (and sorry for the essay here) you could always just fabricate things like I did going between 3 dealers, play them at their own game.. Dealer A gave me £x quote, but dealer B said they can give me more for my p/ex and a free tank of fuel.. What can you do dealer C? More often than not they match or better it (unless you've got them in a corner with virtually 0% margin!)

Ps don't tell them about priv until you've basically inked their sheet of A4!!

Yes, like Marks ST has said, you can take the car to any dealer if there are any issues with the car so I'm not to worried about that.

I have done a bit of looking around now, so I will go into the local dealer armed with my offers and see what they can get me, to be honest I'm not expecting much but who knows! But being a rookie any tips what I should look out for?

And also I just want to ask what type of deposits you have been putting down if any at all, this excludes any trade ins? Is it worth putting in a deposit of say £1000 if I am looking to change the car in 9 months, i.e will I see any benefit of this when I'm going to the next car?

Cheers,

Hi I have been using ford privilege vouchers for mine, partners and parents cars for the past four year when I gained entitlement! I tend to find that putting big deposits down each time does get swallowed but keeps your monthly payment down,

The reason for negative equity is because they are so many festa zetec (especially Race Red not sure what colour yours is) about a year old within the second hand market they take a while to shift and dealers don't want the four court full of them! Sorry I know this is not what you wanted to hear!

A trick could be to keep the car longer and hopefully get out of the negative equity alternatively you will have no option than the pay the difference in cash towards your new car (will be called deposit)

Hi I have been using ford privilege vouchers for mine, partners and parents cars for the past four year when I gained entitlement! I tend to find that putting big deposits down each time does get swallowed but keeps your monthly payment down,

The reason for negative equity is because they are so many festa zetec (especially Race Red not sure what colour yours is) about a year old within the second hand market they take a while to shift and dealers don't want the four court full of them! Sorry I know this is not what you wanted to hear!

A trick could be to keep the car longer and hopefully get out of the negative equity alternatively you will have no option than the pay the difference in cash towards your new car (will be called deposit)

I think I'm slowly grasping the ins and out of what to do when it comes to the Ford Privilege, even if this is the first time I have renewed the car with it. But it is a great offer if you have it in your back pocket to use! Yes, I can completely see why my car is in negative equity as the amount of race red cars there are out there is beyond belief! (Thankfully mine has an ecoboost engine which gets somewhat of a uniqueness to it but still in the same boat as guess what colour mine is?.....Race Red!). But the local dealer has actually made it so that I would not owe anything in negative equity when I put the car in.

And I can see what you mean about the deposit as it does definitely get swallowed up for sure, so I am trying to get away with paying as little as possible in deposit but also keep the monthly costs down as there seems to be a fine balance between them.

Now I am very tempted to take up their offer as not only have they matched the deal with the additional options I wanted i.e heated seats etc. But I did want the Race Red colour again but I have my doubts, would changing the colour be a wise decision bearing in mind that I would most likely be looking to change the car in 9 months?

I think I'm slowly grasping the ins and out of what to do when it comes to the Ford Privilege, even if this is the first time I have renewed the car with it. But it is a great offer if you have it in your back pocket to use! Yes, I can completely see why my car is in negative equity as the amount of race red cars there are out there is beyond belief! (Thankfully mine has an ecoboost engine which gets somewhat of a uniqueness to it but still in the same boat as guess what colour mine is?.....Race Red!). But the local dealer has actually made it so that I would not owe anything in negative equity when I put the car in.

And I can see what you mean about the deposit as it does definitely get swallowed up for sure, so I am trying to get away with paying as little as possible in deposit but also keep the monthly costs down as there seems to be a fine balance between them.

Now I am very tempted to take up their offer as not only have they matched the deal with the additional options I wanted i.e heated seats etc. But I did want the Race Red colour again but I have my doubts, would changing the colour be a wise decision bearing in mind that I would most likely be looking to change the car in 9 months?

The race red is a free colour so this will save you money on monthly basis, the White has a price of 250 so is about 10 a month and metallic 500 so about 20 a month! These figures are based on a privilege deal on 24 months (even if you only kept the car 9months) so the red isn't a bad option if you like it and the cars not a standard zetec!

What car are you going for?

The race red is a free colour so this will save you money on monthly basis, the White has a price of 250 so is about 10 a month and metallic 500 so about 20 a month! These figures are based on a privilege deal on 24 months (even if you only kept the car 9months) so the red isn't a bad option if you like it and the cars not a standard zetec!

What car are you going for?

Yes, the race red is a nice standard colour so I think I will just stick to that! But the thought of any colour is tempting as there are many race red fiestas around, but then again not many with the same spec as the one I am looking to get which is the Titanium with front heated seats.

You could get an ST3 in frozen white... They're pretty good, comes with heated front seats as standard ;)

Congrats that the dealer has sorted out the negative equity issue..

I just though when you're buying a car from fords they actually give different priv amounts for different trim levels.. I seem to remember them saying if I wanted another spec they could do it for less? Mines on a pcp to keep the payments down..

My car was valued at £2600 by the dealer (who sold it for 4grand last week) I put £500 deposit down on a finance agreement over two years.

The base price of the car was just over 15000 so I think all in I've financed around 12k @ 4.2% which comes out at £123 per month with a GMFV of about 8-9k

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

You could get an ST3 in frozen white... They're pretty good, comes with heated front seats as standard ;)

I just though when you're buying a car from fords they actually give different priv amounts for different trim levels.. I seem to remember them saying if I wanted another spec they could do it for less? Mines on a pcp to keep the payments down..

My car was valued at £2600 by the dealer (who sold it for 4grand last week) I put £500 deposit down on a finance agreement over two years.

The base price of the car was just over 15000 so I think all in I've financed around 12k @ 4.2% which comes out at £123 per month with a GMFV of about 8-9k

Hope that helps

I was thinking about it I have to say! But maybe next time in 9 months time.

Just an update on this, I have put my order in for the Ford fiesta titanium 1.0L ecoboost (125ps) and with heated front seats. Should have it just before Christmas (fingers crossed!).

So I've gone with a deposit of £675 and then that will make the monthly payments to £158, I'm happy with that! What do you guys think?

• 8 months later...

Hope that helps

So it's nearly at that time again! And I was just doing some research on Google and came across this post ha.

And now that I am after an ST this time, I can see that you had a great deal with yours!

I have been doing a lot of research into this but I guess I just going to take a trip to some of my local dealers and see what they can do as looking at Fiesta ST3 with a price of £15,887 (quote from DTD) so I don't think they will be best pleased when I stroll in with this, and then pull out my privilege card of course, but we'll see what happens ey.

Can anyone confirm that the Style Pack still comes with the Ford Options/PCP finance or has this been scrapped now?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club