Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turned Child Locks Off, Now Have Error Message & Other Questions

Brycie

Hi all,

Had passengers in the back seats at the weekend & realised child locks were on when they tried to open the rear doors. So I peeled back the stickers & rotated the plastic bits in the holes - job done!! Or so I thought. When I started the car, I got a child lock error message on the convers+ the 'i' message stays on permanently. Any ideas how I can get rid of this and/or what I did wrong?

Also, I'm disappointed by the look & performance of the xenon dipped beam bulbs. They look yellowish compared to the drl's & Thu they don't give as great a light as I was expecting from xenons. Not really yellow, but when compared to the drl's, not nearly as crisp white. I put Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited halogen bulbs in my car (the Mondeo I'm asking about is the Wife's car) & my Wife's previous car & they were brilliant n better than the xenons in her Mondeo. Does anybody have any recommendations for nice crisp white xenon dipped beam bulbs? Maybe a link to some suitable bulbs?

Last thing, does anybody else feel that the heated leather seats in the Mk4 facelift Mondeo are quite hard & bum-numbing after a long journey? They don't feel as supportive as I'd expect from seats these days either, not much of a bucket to them.

Last question, I was following another Mondeo t'other day & could see all the axle & exhaust parts etc. Has anyone with a similar car to ours, put a nicer/lower diffuser on their car to hide the underside of the car & maybe one that has a gap for an exhaust pipe chrome cap? (or whatever they're called)

Cheers,

Paul.

Turn each door lock back on until the light goes out. this should tell you which is the affected lock.A

s for the others I cant say I can offer anything useful on them.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll turn them back on one at a time & see if it's just one or both - I suspect I'll get the error message if either rear donor's child lock is off. Thought there must be a way to disable child locks without getting an error though.

I've never known it throw an error as they are optional, but I'm learning more about it weekly. My mondeo mk4 though has child locks on and switched off and has shown no problems like this...

Did you switch them off manually by turning the mechanism in the edge of the rear doors? I thought I was missing something & maybe I also had to disable them on the conversation+, but can't see anything in the options to do it. Oh well, it's a mystery. Thanks anyway.

Yeah I don't have converse but just switched the lock manually and it behaves as I expect it to...

I've switched mine on and off at various times and never had a warning or an error.

Mine is a 59 plate.

Do you not just switch the child locks on and off using the button on the window console? That's all I've done on mine, I think the switch in the doors is an over ride and that's why you get the error message.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I thought I tried that, but will get swmbo to go out & double check, as I was in a hurry when it first happened. Will report back, cheers.

Don't know if it's a facelift thing but my pre-facelift doesn't have an electronic child lock button, the button on the window switch panel just locks the windows in the back as far as I'm aware.

Same here my door buttons are 4 windows and the window lock lol

Well I feel a bit daft now. I'm sure at the time, I looked at that button. I thought it was a central locking/anti-hijack thing. However, the Wife's just been out there & has reported back that it was indeed to disable child locks. I've not seen it for myself yet, as I'm in Scotland for a few days, but she says it's done the trick.

Thanks for the tip Adam.

Result, learned something new

• Like 1

To be fair it's not the clearest of buttons to understand and it does two functions, it locks the rear windows so they can only be opened by the driver and also activates the child locks.

Glad I could be of some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club