Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Ordered One, What A Nutter I Must Be.

winemart2

I said in another thread that I think i've ordered a (expensive to fix) heap of trouble. From things i've read, I'm thinking that the typical Ford muchanic/*ucknician has zero idea of how to fix modern car problems. Just keep taking it back until you get fed up. Seems to me that it's all too overly complex. Why would I need auto lights/auto wipers/auto dimming mirror/folding door mirrors/hill-start assist/start/stop/traction control/low tyre pressure/tyre gunge? C'mon, 50 years back we'd have laughed our nuts off, plus, I know how to wipe my backside.

I'm not laughing now, about a month to go until trouble arrives. I doubt I'll keep it longer that the warranty. Let someone else have the headache. We'll have this fixed in a jiffy, sir. Yea, right.

Posted under the slight influence of drink.

Buy a 90s heap of sh** Micra instead then if you want to remove all risk of something potentially going wrong. Wish I had auto lights and wipers :(

50 years back the cars were terrible pieces of crap that would kill you if you looked at them funny.

You can walk away from a crash in a modern car that years ago would have been fatal.

You've never had it so good.

Just weird you mention the modern extras. Reminded me of years back my dad proudly boasting that his new nissan sunny came with the optional passenger side door mirror. Lol

My other half had a 90s micra. Had a buggered gearbox. Damn thing still wouldn't die gracefully.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

I said in another thread that I think i've ordered a (expensive to fix) heap of trouble. From things i've read, I'm thinking that the typical Ford muchanic/*ucknician has zero idea of how to fix modern car problems. Just keep taking it back until you get fed up. Seems to me that it's all too overly complex. Why would I need auto lights/auto wipers/auto dimming mirror/folding door mirrors/hill-start assist/start/stop/traction control/low tyre pressure/tyre gunge? C'mon, 50 years back we'd have laughed our nuts off, plus, I know how to wipe my backside.

I'm not laughing now, about a month to go until trouble arrives. I doubt I'll keep it longer that the warranty. Let someone else have the headache. We'll have this fixed in a jiffy, sir. Yea, right.

Posted under the slight influence of drink.

"Posted under the slight influence of drink."

Glass half full or half empty ? :mellow:

If I was you I would go intimate dealer and cancel the order and get the deposit back. If you get this car your paranoia, stress and worry will lead to even bigger mental issues. For your own benefit (and ours) back out now.

• Like 3

"Posted under the slight influence of drink."

Glass half full or half empty ? :mellow:

Fully empty along with a few others.

• Like 1

...plus, I know how to wipe my backside....

Your car has the backside wiping pack? Looks like I missed out on that optional extra. :(

On a serious note though, I really like having all the spec possible on a car. People (usually on older car forums) moan its just more to go wrong....but in my experience its still common mechanical parts that tend to break! Means I can just relax in my heated leathers while the lights come on when its dark, the wipers come on when it rains, I'm not blinded in the mirror by the old woman behind that's got her full beams on by accident... Just a shame I still have to steer really, hoping that eventually cruise control will use GPS to steer for me as well. ;)

Cant remember any of my ford crossflow powered cars going wrong with expensive to cure faults.All their faults could be fixed by myself at home and if you need lights,wipers etc to come on automatically i wonder if the person should be driving :lol:

I guess you could always switch those features off and do it all manually , as for things going wrong nearly everything now has some sort of microchip /electronic control even the most mundane of things , its generally reliable but like anything else its not perfect and things do go wrong your fiesta will come with warranty and ford assist dont worry just enjoy driving the car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club