Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 1.8Tdci Estate

FocusSmudge

Hi folks :D

Last Friday I placed a deposit on a MK2, 1.8TDCI Titanium Estate in Metallic Sea Grey. 105K on the clock, FULL service history, loads of receipts, 1 years MOT, recently refurbished turbo & intercooler pipe warranted for a month. The bodywork needs some attention which was reflected in the low purchase price but I'm only too happy to give it the attention it needs.

I'm absolutely over the moon with it. Plans are limited at the moment due to funds, I do however want to make sure the car is 'sound' before I invest in any mods. Cambelt will probably be done, clutch seems fine (touch wood) - not being an expert on diesels any input is appreciated. (Can I take it as a given that due to the higher mileage these have already been taken car of?)

Boot spoiler will most definitely be on the cards first.

Enough talking, a few pics after collecting her this afternoon :D

Es1.png

Es2.png

Es3.png

Took the car out for a bit of a 'photoshoot' this morning.

Es7.png

Es8.png

Es9.png

Followed by a good wash; seeing as though the weather was ideal for polishing, I whipped the DA out for some paint correction on the left side of the car.

Es6.png

Es10.png

Then fitted an LED light kit.

Es11.jpg

Also bought some new numberplates today for £10 which are cleaner with no 'GB' badge.

• 2 weeks later...

First wash since buying it over 2 weeks ago, also a fresh polish and wax.

Est1.png

Est2.png

Est3.png

Est4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Blanked off the EGR last week and added a TDCi badge to the front grille. Also have a MK2.5 Boot Spoiler on order due for delivery early next week!

TDCi.png

Looks really good with a good polish and comes out nicely. Got many plans for the baby?

Thanks buddy! Nothing too drastic for the time being. I've had the cambelt and water pump done already, I'd like to spent a bit of money tidying up the bodywork; the previous owner made a few large scrapes and covered them with touch up paint. Rather than going down the road of resprays, like I've had on other cars, I may just source some good condition used panels and give them a good machine polish.

I've got this spoiler on order, nice n' subtle and I'd like to get do a few engine mods, perhaps even a remap before Christmas :lol:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_roof_spoiler_small_f_1517937.htm

Yeah i know the feeling about naff repairs. On my focus currently the previous owner must have reversed into something. Then repaired with a wire brush!! Luckily ive got zetec s bumpers going on!! Although i noticed a naff stone chip on my door today.. try t-cut if the weather is good this weekend.

Going for more performance than visual then??

Could upgrade the rear lights ;)

Yeah i know the feeling about naff repairs. On my focus currently the previous owner must have reversed into something. Then repaired with a wire brush!! Luckily ive got zetec s bumpers going on!! Although i noticed a naff stone chip on my door today.. try t-cut if the weather is good this weekend.

Going for more performance than visual then??

Could upgrade the rear lights ;)

I'm pleased the previous owner took the time to repair the scratches, it's just a shame they didn't take the time to avoid putting them there!! lol

I mentioned in another thread, the local bodyshop does some excellent work, I couldn't fault the repairs themselves, but they'd left something around masking points which a I couldn't remove with anything, it looked almost like super glue, roughly 10cm x 6cm on each side of the bonnet and over spray on blue paint on plastic trim. I took the car in swirl free and it came out looking dreadful, god knows how it was washed. I know they aren't original, but replacement panels are a lot cheaper! lol

I forgot the facelift has different rear light clusters, I may well give those a go too, I think they may be a re-wiring job. I believe the TDCi's remap to around 150bhp so want to see if I can take advantage of that, only downside would be the additional wear and tear on the clutch/dmf etc.

To be honest I really like the look of the standard Titanium I feel it's difficult to add to it :lol:

Ive got replacement panels for the zetec s. Complete bumpers with skirts.

Do you honestly like all the chome? That is the only thing personally im not keen on with the titaniums. Dont mind it on the front so much but its the back "/

I couldnt tell you if it is a re-wiring job or not but they do look good and im sure you could find a bargain. If i see some cheap ones i will PM you!

look forward to updates of this thread love the colour

paul

Thanks Paul.

James, I quite like the chrome grille on the front, although the only chrome on the back of the car are the Focus and Titanium badges?

I think the boot handle is chrome on the facelifted MK2?

Ýes i agree with the grill. Gives a little bit more to it

Its the boot handle yes on the facelift focus titanium dont like. I dont think it looks quite right

The spoiler turned up at the beginning of the week so wasted no time in getting it prepped. I attached it early this morning after wet sanding and buffing the lacquer. You wouldn't know it was a spray can job. Very pleased with it.

I'll leave the tape on overnight to give the Tiger Seal a proper chance to settle.

Spoiler3.jpg

Spoiler2.jpg

Spoiler1.jpg

Very nice.. you done the whole spolier with a can? If so, very well done.. made a cracking job!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words and yes, all with a can. I'll get some proper pics in the morning. It's the first time I've wet sanded lacquer and what a difference it makes!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll get some better pictures tomorrow when there's not moisture on the spoiler. I'm really pleased with the result.

looks like you got a nice car there likeing the subtle spoiler.

looks like you done a great job on cleaning the paint work

looks like you got a nice car there likeing the subtle spoiler.

looks like you done a great job on cleaning the paint work

Thanks for the kind words Barry.

Not much of an update, but finally managed to get some shots of the finished spoiler. I've also filled and sprayed the fog light brows on the front of the vehicles due to some very large scrapes!

Esta2.png

Esta1.png

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words. Fitted some mud flaps this morning (complete nightmare) but quite chuffed with how it looks.

Also posted some photos taken out and about at the weekend.

DSC_1830.png

16010070659_1b9ccc70b6_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16010069699_2eb3e2fc79_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16008811300_d97c6bf083_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16010359397_0ec7b5e0b7_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

15576331773_ef7d235fc2_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16196141705_b3fe11fcd4_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16008935070_8f485566f3_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

• Like 1

Loving the estate. A lot of similar touches to my car, such as colour coding the plastic above the fog lamps and fitting mudflaps. I decided to go with the re-map on the 1.8tdci and it does make a decent difference. Not night and day, but you learn to appreciate it. I got mine for £180 from a friend, so that helped seal the deal.

I wasn't a fan of my chrome grill, so I got mine painted gloss black which I much prefer. However, my Focus wasn't a fancy titanium like yours, so I felt the chrome was out of place, considering that there wasn't any other chrome on the car (that and the fact that my headlights are the standard black bezzle affair).

I love how estates look and the fact that they're practical, so well done on getting this and doing paint work yourself. I have a Kestrel DA polisher, but I'm frightened to use it. Maybe you could give me some tips!

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

I did make some inquires regarding about remap. The average figure locally was £250, for a remap to 150bhp.

Like you, I'm concentrating on making sure the car is mechanically sound before investing any money on further mods. Had the cambelt done first and now booked the car in to have the front bumper and both rear quarter panels resprayed; will make a huge difference to the appearance.

Other than that, I don't really have anymore plans!

I'll dig out some good tutorials for using a DA. If you have access to one, I would highly recommend using it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club