Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putting the squeeze on Squeeze

Aitchess

Whilst we knew it was coming, I see that Ford have now increased the price of choosing Squeeze (green) to £645 extra. The same applies to Hot Magenta as well, but it's not such a jump as it was already dearer than the normal metallics. I wonder what the reasoning behind the hike was? With Hot Magenta there was a vague logic as it's the only "pearlescent" paint finish as opposed to a metallic (though the visual difference between pearlescent and metallic isn't generally apparent to me on the ones I've seen), but Squeeze is a normal metallic. Squeeze has been quite popular in my area and I really like it (even though we're cheapskates and went for Frozen White which is "free", being a solid colour!) but it's a huge price now. Ford certainly know how to charge. Do they maybe want to make it more exclusive, or are they hoping to rake in an extra profit because it's proved popular? I remember the other week I looked at Ford Australia's website (intriguingly, since then, Australian legislation has stopped them being able to display ANY price details) and if I remember correctly, after conversion, metallics cost them a mere £50 extra! (Hot Magenta isn't available there).

This morning on the way to work I saw my first Mk7 in Tango driving along - a 5 door Titanium. Looked quite pretty in the sun.

Ford probably don't want the more "contraversial" coulours (eg Hot Magenta and Squeeze) to become too common.

It is the same on the Focus RS with Electric Green and the Focus ST with Electric Orange.

I'm glad that I ordered my new Squeeze Titanium yesterday then! The dealer did say that Squeeze is going up in price

and also that Ford are planning an ST Fiesta for next year, 2010.

Ford are planning an ST Fiesta for next year, 2010.

BUGGER!!!

BUGGER!!!

I was asking why the Zetec S doesn't come with side skirts as standard & the fact that you have to pay extra for them

as an option...and he said that's because Ford don't want to upset too many would-be owner's of the new ST version next year

by making them look 'fairly' similar.

I was asking why the Zetec S doesn't come with side skirts as standard & the fact that you have to pay extra for them

as an option...and he said that's because Ford don't want to upset too many would-be owner's of the new ST version next year

by making them look 'fairly' similar.

Well that wuold make sense as the Zetec S and ST were strikingly similar in the last model Fiesta so there is no reason to assume that it will not be the same case with the new model either. Guess our's our going to look like Green ST's then? Cool eh?

I'm not allowed to change mine until it is paid off - seems like a fair deal as I was thinking we would only get the Zetec and look what I ended up with! LOL

I'm not allowed to change mine until it is paid off - seems like a fair deal as I was thinking we would only get the Zetec and look what I ended up with! LOL

How are you buying your car?

I read and heard there would be no ST MK7?

They will say this to stop people waiting for it and buy the S or top end titanium :)

How are you buying your car?

the 2 year Options deal and then buy the remainder out over 3 years as that was the cheaper option and means I can keep the payments down around the £150 per month - does mean I have to keep this car longer than any other car I have ever had but I am sure with the spec I have gone for it is still going to look good even in 2014

I had read that too - Ford were going to focus on the smaller/city cars being more green and not worry about the hot hatch, 200+bhp, race that is going on with the other main stream models.

I have my car on Ford options for 2 years, which i hope to trade in for the ST or if that doesnt float my boat at the time ill see what else is around :)

But your right, your car will look good for years to come yet!

Can't guarantee it but if history repeats itself then I will be into a MINI after that as I have always had a new Mini/MINI parked on the drive when I turn a big birthday

20th - Mini Mayfair in Oporto Red - alloys, nudge bars

30th - Mini Mayfair in Nightfire Red, alloys, wood trim

40th - MINI One Convertible in Hot Orange, full body kit, alloys, heated seats

I'm glad that I ordered my new Squeeze Titanium yesterday then! The dealer did say that Squeeze is going up in price

and also that Ford are planning an ST Fiesta for next year, 2010.

Who is your dealer Nightowl and how accurate is his info on the ST? :unsure:

Who is your dealer Nightowl and how accurate is his info on the ST? :unsure:

My dealer is Hendy Ford (The Hendy Group in 1910 became the 1st official Ford main dealer in Great Britain btw) of Fareham, Hants hedgepig.

If you think about it; Ford have released the Fiesta Zetec S at launch as it isn't all that different from a standard Fiesta. Sure - it's

got lowered suspension, sports seats, firmer ride, etc - but it's not something that Ford had to spend valuable resources or design teams on

apart from adding the bits mentioned above as well as add a few skirts & a larger spoiler! The Fiesta was always going to be extremely popular

from launch and - as we all know - their order books are pretty full for the foreseable future.

However - as with all new cars - orders will eventually drop somewhat as other manufacturers build rival models to compete with the Fiesta.

Ford will then do what all car manufacturers do; they'll (probably) facelift the Fiesta - and bring out a sportier model to compete with "hot hatches"

from Renault (Clio), Vauxhall (Corsa VXR), Volkswagon (Polo GT in 2010), Fiat (Punto & 500 Abarth), yadaa yadda yadda.

My dealer is 100% certain that an ST Fiesta will follow next year - once the high demand for the Fiesta has "tailed off" a little. And as he said:

"Ford want to sell the Fiesta Zetec S now - not have would-be buyers wait until next year".!

Don't shoot the messenger! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I do keep checking the one line motoring sites for any news on the Fiesta ST or RS and so far nothing conrete.

I would have to say that even if they do bring out either of them that they would probaby be out of my price range and not sure they would be in a colour I would prefer to Squeeze as Ford tend to go for all the standard sporting colours (Performance Blue, Black, Silver and Red)

PS - Post number 600 - I so need to get out more!! LOL

In Malta all colours cost the same price BUT (and that's a big but) the car is much more expensive in the first place. A Fiesta 1.25 Trend 5dr costs between 14k and 15k euro. Robbery!

My dealer is Hendy Ford (The Hendy Group in 1910 became the 1st official Ford main dealer in Great Britain btw) of Fareham, Hants hedgepig.

If you think about it; Ford have released the Fiesta Zetec S at launch as it isn't all that different from a standard Fiesta. Sure - it's

got lowered suspension, sports seats, firmer ride, etc - but it's not something that Ford had to spend valuable resources or design teams on

apart from adding the bits mentioned above as well as add a few skirts & a larger spoiler! The Fiesta was always going to be extremely popular

from launch and - as we all know - their order books are pretty full for the foreseable future.

However - as with all new cars - orders will eventually drop somewhat as other manufacturers build rival models to compete with the Fiesta.

Ford will then do what all car manufacturers do; they'll (probably) facelift the Fiesta - and bring out a sportier model to compete with "hot hatches"

from Renault (Clio), Vauxhall (Corsa VXR), Volkswagon (Polo GT in 2010), Fiat (Punto & 500 Abarth), yadaa yadda yadda.

My dealer is 100% certain that an ST Fiesta will follow next year - once the high demand for the Fiesta has "tailed off" a little. And as he said:

"Ford want to sell the Fiesta Zetec S now - not have would-be buyers wait until next year".!

There was a bit of info mid-'08 that a hot version of the Mk 7 would be based on a top version of the Mini's mechanicals, and I would expect the 6-speed 'box to be carried over also.

Nice but I think it needs to be in a lighter colour to show off the dark grills better

Yummy yummy Hot Magenta :lol: Don't like the black wheels though

I agree with you on everything Nightowl but the fact remains that your dealer doesn't know anything concrete.

Like Paul, I am constantly scanning the internet etc looking for clues and so far zilch! :rolleyes:

Well guys I guess we'll just have to wait & see. I doubt we'd find much on the web in the way of any ST version just yet...and even if

Ford were planning one - they're hardly likely to publish any details just yet as the Zetec S is selling very well. If I was in the

market for a Zetec S...but knew an ST was coming next year - I'd probably hang fire for a while...which is exactly what Ford DON'T

want us to do!