Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blaupunkt Stereo Sat Nav On 2009 Mondeo

IcePax

Has anyone had a problem with the stereo panel (I.e. screen AND surrounding buttons, incl climate control) intermittently cutting out ?

At random times my screen goes completely blank and unresponsive (flashes pink/purple before going black) and the aircon / volume / side option buttons illumination & function disappears.

The stereo keeps playing so no sound is lost, if i'm using the satnav the instructions still show and update on the dashboard screen and if i'm using the radio that still plays (although I can't change volume from steering wheel controls when main stereo is having it's hissy fit.)

Does anyone have a clue ?

2nd Q ... if I decided to replace the stereo unit for an aftermarket system does anyone know how I can keep the climate control bit ? (Dumb question but in fairness I haven't seen a combined unit on sale anywhere and the fascia block in the car is one piece.)

Here's a video of the problem, try to ignore the reflection LOL I'd just got home from work.

Ok update: I've just taken the car to Ford who have confirmed it's an internal fault with the stereo/satnav unit, they've also confirmed no risk of electrical fire (yay !!).

They've said to replace the unit isn't cheap and is the best part of £1500 (gulp) but the very helpful guy suggested i try an autoelectrician (yay !!).

Phoned said autoelectrician who said that, because it's a combined climate control / entertainment unit it's unlikely they can replace it and Ford "have me over a barrel with that one".

I am in no way shelling out £1500 for a new system so ... people of Ford world .... what do you know ?

Is it possible to replace the Convers+ unit and keep the climate control system ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've emailed Blaupunkt direct who have said that for a flat fee (1/5th the cost quoted by Ford) if I send the unit back to them in Germany they will repair any and all faults as well as upgrade the firmware and software to the latest version.

It works out to be approx £300 for them to look at it and about £80 to courier it to them. Their quoted turnround time is 48hrs so it looks like my unit will be off on a trip in December.