Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting Auto Lighrs And Wipers On Mk3 Focus

iantt

Hi, anyone tried retrofitting auto lights and wipers, theres space on windsreen for rain sensor , can source wiring harness for sensor to bcmii, and headlight switch. Anyone done it?

• 2 months later...

Just an update on my post, sucessfully now got oem autolights and wipers with adjustable headlamp delay on exit now on my zetec focus 2013

Bought 2nd hand auto headlamp switch off eBay cheap, then new rain sensor, retaining clip,headlining wiring harness for titanium model.

then just a case of getting it switched on via ford diagnostics.

also fitted x vision rear parking sensors with x vision ford interface module and got that switched on at same time so parking sensors intergrate with radio display as if oem sensors , showing sensor display and sounder comes through Speakers

• Like 2

Did it really worked for you?! I have rear fitted xvision too and wanted to have it on the audiodisplay, and now ford(in denmark) can do it for £65, they got my car for 5 hours, and couldnt make it worked!! :-(! Doh

Yeh, worked straight away, which xvision sensors you have?are they the flush fit or semi flush fit, part number on xvision module, should be located behind rear side trims which ever side the wires run in to car, also check if the oem multiplug is in same location, if its not there , then the interface module needs wiring diferentely

thenits just needs switching on in central car configuration on ford diagnostics

Yeh, worked straight away, which xvision sensors you have?are they the flush fit or semi flush fit, part number on xvision module, should be located behind rear side trims which ever side the wires run in to car, also check if the oem multiplug is in same location, if its not there , then the interface module needs wiring diferentely

thenits just needs switching on in central car configuration on ford diagnostics

Dont know which xvision module I have, Ford installed it, but they couldn't figure it out how to fitted the audio display interface :-/

Mine just was simple, plugged xvision module to the xvision /ford interface module in the boot, then that module plugged into oem multiplug in boot, that was it ,5 mins , then in cetral car config enabled rear parking assist in options.

Mine just was simple, plugged xvision module to the xvision /ford interface module in the boot, then that module plugged into oem multiplug in boot, that was it ,5 mins , then in cetral car config enabled rear parking assist in options.

I thought that too! but nooo :-(, now I saved £65 ;-)

• 6 months later...

Hi Ian!

Sorry to revive an old post but do you have a picture of your installation or at least the part numbers of the xvision module and interface?

I have a chinese aftermarket parking sensor with external display and I'd like to use the radio display like you did it!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

This is cool did you use focccus software to enable the wipers?

lights and wipers enabled via foccus software

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

lights and wipers enabled via foccus software

I really need to get clued up on this software stuff as it's seems ***** handy!

• 10 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2014 at 9:53 PM, iantt said:

Hi, anyone tried retrofitting auto lights and wipers, theres space on windsreen for rain sensor , can source wiring harness for sensor to bcmii, and headlight switch. Anyone done it?

Hi, well, it's been a long time since you made it. But, how did you put the rain sensor on? with cables?

• 8 months later...

Happy new year to all.

@iantt so you only used the focccus software, right? Was these two the only options?

image.png

Did you also had to remove the blacked area behind the rain sensor? You need the window "crystal clear"?

Thanks

2 hours ago, thodoris85 said:

Happy new year to all.

@iantt so you only used the focccus software, right? Was these two the only options?

image.png

Did you also had to remove the blacked area behind the rain sensor? You need the window "crystal clear"?

Thanks

Yes, that's it. Yes you need to scrape the blackened area completely clear for the rain sensor to function correctly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iantt said:

Yes, that's it. Yes you need to scrape the blackened area completely clear for the rain sensor to function correctly. 

How did you manage to scrape it? I am worrying not to mess up with the glass itself if I use a precision cutter or something similar.

Just did it with a precision cutter. the wipers worked once when I dripped some water. Then I put back the cover of the rain sensor and it started working in the intermittent mode. Most likely it is the connector as I don't have the original one, I made one myself, however connector seems to be steady.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, sounds like the connector isn't quite right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the fact that I made the cable myself, I only needed to replace the connector. So, I got this connector, and sensor works great.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Have you got a guide to parts for this and how to Install .

I want to pimp my zetec up and fit a dimming rear mirror.

Getting new windscreen fitted so could get it with sensor hole 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club