Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100 days and counting!

JAR897

Hey guys...

... So, I ring the dealer to ask if he has a date that I can pick up the car so I can arange an afternoon off work. However the responce is that due to circumstances regarding the dealership etc the systems are undergoing maintenance etc. He did say what the circumstances were but I don't think it needs to be publicly announced on this forum. The news is available but I won't discuss it for privacy reasons.

Anyway, because he can't check the system he can't give me any more informaiton. He did say last week when I rang up for a seperate issue that the car should be with me arround Saturday 4th July (99 days since ordering) but it now seems likely to pass the 100 day mark lol.

I'm not going to ring another dealer with the chasis number and see if THEY can track the car? I'll keep you posted.

Do you think the reason is truthful (i.e. the systems going down) or another excuse? The reasons behind the dealership are in the local newspaper to the area.

Should I be worried? Just thinking out loud here.

The system was down everytime i wanted answers too :) im sure it happens, but weird how it happens when we want answers, huh? lol

I'm not going to ring another dealer with the chasis number and see if THEY can track the car?

Did you mean you ARE or NOT? :D

You have me worried now, my dealer promised to ring me back today to tell me if the car has arrived at the dealership or not

No call !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna ring back now

You have me intrigued what are the issues ??

Lol I meant I am! lol.

OK so I rang another dealership, who put me through to Ford Admin. I spoke to a realy realy helpful woman there who took my contact details and chasis number and rang her "contacts". I was doubtful. HOWEVER! She rang back within 10 minutes with some results!

The car delivery status changed this morning to "arrived at dealership" which means its in the country and on a transporter! It takes 2 - 3 days to reach the dealership, and she confirmed that my car docked in Daganham port yesterday evening.

She also said that the dealership which I had purchased the car from had recently changed "dealership number" which means that all the cars allocated to that dealership had to be altered (i.e. have the dealership nummber changed - hence why my dealer couldn't track the car!

She said that the car should be with my dealer by Saturday (which is what the dealer estimated) and to allow for 24 hours to fit the optional extras! Therefore my cr should (SHOULD!) be ready around Monday next week!

WHOOOOO! RESULT! As I said, this lady was THE MOST HELPFUL PERSON THAT I HAVE EVER SPOKE TO REGARDING A CUSTOMER QUERY! She said she might pop onto the forums to take a look at general stuff, so THANK YOU if you are reading this. lol.

Anyway, I'll defo be taking some nice pics Monday if the weather holds up! Can't wait to have this heat baring down and the air con on a cool 17 degrees :D

I was also told my car was in the uk at the docks awaiting customs clearance last monday - so add 2-3 days for delivery to the dealer and by my calculations means they should have it - No added extras - So why no call !!!!!!

Rang 'em and now someone else is gonna ring me ???

I'm kinda thinking I will have to nip down in person and see what the frick is goin' on

YAY JAR - bet you can't wait until Monday . . .you'll be the only one wishing the weekend away but I would be doing exactly the same too.

Surprised that you will not be down the dealers on Saturday to get the first few candid pictures of your car as it comes off of the transporter - with your spec it is going to be the only one looking like that to come off I would imagine

I'm excited for you fella!

Yea, can't wait for monday now lol. Gona ring on Saturday and see what's going on. lolol.

Keep us updated EZZY plz :)

It's frustrating knowing you car is so so near. Mine was apparently in Norway for a little while. It's worth the wait. :lol:

Hmmmmm, don't like to rain on your parade but is it likely that cars are delivered on a Saturday? If not then that only leaves tomorrow. I would think it's more likely to be delivered next week. If it does arrive tomorrow, I doubt they will have it ready for Monday.

Anyways it should be very soon, and looking forward to the pics :)

I was given a saturday delivery date, but mine was delivered the Tuesday before and recieved the car on the Friday. I was told they dont deliver on a Saturday.

That's what I thought, my salesman told me they give you a week ending date and it could arrive any day up to that. I was given a Saturday date and it arrived on the Wednesday.

My salesman is off today and they have left him a note to call me tomorrow morning

It took me 3 calls and 3 gents on the other end all said they didn't know where is is as they can't access the system (my arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz), then suprise 1 rang me back and said it was at the dealership

So hopefully if they are telling the truth then I should have a pick up date confirmed tomorrow

Will update forum tomorrow also . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My salesman is off today and they have left him a note to call me tomorrow morning

It took me 3 calls and 3 gents on the other end all said they didn't know where is is as they can't access the system (my arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz), then suprise 1 rang me back and said it was at the dealership

So hopefully if they are telling the truth then I should have a pick up date confirmed tomorrow

Will update forum tomorrow also . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thats if the dealership havn't misplaced to morrow somewhere they cant find it :angry: just seems funny that there all over you like a rash trying to get you to sign on the dotted line.........................then out comes the "ford big book of totally improbable excuses" to fob you off

what ever happened to customer service ? I think i would be sitting on the doorstep at 8 am wanting some answers.

best of luck to-morrow

Kristal

Thats if the dealership havn't misplaced to morrow somewhere they cant find it :angry: just seems funny that there all over you like a rash trying to get you to sign on the dotted line.........................then out comes the "ford big book of totally improbable excuses" to fob you off

what ever happened to customer service ? I think i would be sitting on the doorstep at 8 am wanting some answers.

best of luck to-morrow

Kristal

Thanks Kristal I would camp out there but I have got to be work early, however I will also finish early if they want to polish it up for me ready for collection !!!!!!

Right latest update - My car is in and is going through its PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), being taxed, having number plates fitted today as well as being valeted, so they said it will be available for collection tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon - hoooorahhhh (providing nothing goes wrong eh !!!!)

So, just for the record that is exactly 8 weeks, from order to collection, for a Black 1.6 petrol 3 door Titanium with no extras, apparently built in Cologne

By my calculations it took something like 5 & 1/2 weeks until "Build completion" from "Initial Order", then a further 1 week before it was transported to the Port of Vlissingen (Holland) - the dealer referred to it being ready for "Outboard transportation" in Belgium (unless its on the Holland / Belgium border dunno not checked), then about another 1 week passed before it was "In the UK awaiting Customs Clearance" then about 5 days until "Ready for Collection" at the dealership

Hope that helps someone in their wait !!!!!!!!!!

Ezzy

Update on my 5 door 1.6Ti-VCT petrol Titanium in Sea Grey: I should get to see it next Wednesday having ordered it January 31. That's 22 and 1/2 weeks or about 158 days and I claim the prize for the longest Fiesta wait known to this forum - unless someone out there knows different :(

It will be the diamond encrusted steering wheel that has held up your order !!!!!

It will be the diamond encrusted steering wheel that has held up your order !!!!!

That and having it specially hand-crafted by a bevy of Rhine maidens :lol:

!Removed! hell, thats 50+ days longer than mine. COngrats??? lol. x

That and having it specially hand-crafted by a bevy of Rhine maidens :lol:

Sehr geehrter Herr Wealdmasn Sorry Ihr Auto hat eine lange Zeit zu bauen, butit wurde handgefertigt von einer Schar von Rhein madens, ich danke Ihnen so sehr für die Wahl von Ford

Kristal

Dear Mr. Wealdmasn Sorry your car has a long time to build, butit was handmade by a throng of Rhine madens, thank you so much for the choice of Ford.

:)

Fluent Gernam, me! :D

Dear Mr. Wealdmasn Sorry your car has a long time to build, butit was handmade by a throng of Rhine madens, thank you so much for the choice of Ford.

:)

Fluent Gernam, me! :D

That makes two of us then..............but whats Gernam ?

:D

That makes two of us then..............but whats Gernam ?

:D

Well Kristal--no less than I expected from you ;)................but JAR--flash git!

Shame he can't spell eh? :rolleyes:

Well Kristal--no less than I expected from you ;)................but JAR--flash git!

Shame he can't spell eh? :rolleyes:

OH thank goodness thats all it was....for a moment there I thought we had been fighting the wrong people from 1939 to 1945.I wondered why they were a little p****d off with us........... :D

mines has been delayed yet again! est production date is now august the 6th... was meant to be built in may - june - july now its august!! its locked into plant so should hopefully see it for 1st of september!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club