Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Broken Spring.

Steph3491

So I think my mk7 09 fiesta front spring is broken (sounds like there's metal hitting off metal when I'm going over bumps) and I need some advice. I've had to find a new mechanic because my last one was a friend of my ex and I'm concerned that I'm going to end up being ripped off because I don't have a clue what he's talking about. Roughly how much should it cost? And I've heard that your better getting them both done at the same time because once one goes, they both will? This is when being a man less, clueless girl isn't handy lol

A guess going to ur local Ford dealers garage or any mechanics to have a look (we go to rapid fit (tyre kings think there called now but they have a look to see whats wrong ) n get the best quote but you never know it could be something less as bad but where bouts in ayreshire ye fae? (to look up garages)

I'm in ayr. Something fooked and its doesn't sound cheap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Suhn that gets fooked generally isny cheap lol well think you got national tyres n don't see any other garages a know of and rapid fit is to the west of you just take it around different places n see what they say n if they give a quote just compare it to others

A think a got quoted to lower my car was suhn like 250ish tops and that's to replace 4 springs so might be a lot cheaper that

Nai worries let me know how you get on :)

Forgot to say am sure springs are around 35-40 each then it's the Labour involved :)

If you're driving it to the garage and it is a snapped spring be very careful!

I don't want to worry you but I saw a Mk7 Fiesta come into the garage where the snapped spring had gone through the tyre as well!

Can you jack up the corner of the car the noise is coming from? A snapped spring will be really easy to see!

• Like 1

Shame your not a bit closer I would have done them for you.

Broken spring. £100ish to fix it and the guy took the broken bit out so its not rattling and shouldn't pop my tyre. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

No problem n not as bad as you were thinking :p