Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Input

RJohnstonex

Looking for some advice on aux cables . I've got a 2005 Fiesta zetec with a 3 bar
(4500 RDS EON) Radio and i'm looking to fit a aux input the car doesn't have a aux button though :(. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I don't think this unit supports any sort of external input and the the real bummer is you have to embark on a diy mission to be able to fit anything else.

If the radio doesn't have a cd changer port fitting seperately on the back of the radio you may be stuck.

What's a CDC button ? don't have a clue if I cant fit one is there anyway of doing and oem swap

By CDC I mean a CD changer button (sometimes labelled CDDJ).

There is no OEM upgrade radio for that fitting, you'd have to cut the seperators on the fascia out and fit an aftermarket double din radio.

• 5 weeks later...

Probably just going to fit double din in , been looking for something that looks oem but is not to expensive any ideas ?

yeah I prefer the look of double dins been looking in halfrauds at the Pioneer SPD-DA120 but cant justify paying £300+ on a stereo

• Like 1

yeah I prefer the look of double dins been looking in halfrauds at the Pioneer SPD-DA120 but cant justify paying £300+ on a stereo

Become a Premium Member on the club and you'll get a 15% discount card for Halfords.

Sound a better deal now? :d

Haha yeah still prefer not spending £300 on a stereo , probs £200 max

• 3 years later...

Connect L&R via 0.1uf capacitors to the pads on the main board with yellow dots on the photo. Burn a CD with silent tracks (use audacity etc) as the aux input will play at the same time as the CD. Use chassis ground for audio, connect via 3.5mm Jack plug/socket to iPod etc. Works brilliantly. 

20180707_172807_resized.jpg

I love it.  I could do the work (soldering) but I would never have been able to work out where to solder on the circuit board. And I love the work around with the silent CD. 

I would be doing this if I had one of those without the aux input. 

These are the capacitors that we used, they were soldered to the chip and the aux cable with a ground.

8E588B42-2E30-47F2-8449-5EFF04F1EB81.jpeg

• 1 year later...

can anyone tell me a few details on this mod please?

1:) do the capacators need to be any specifica voltage rating? (anyone got a compoment code for the ones they used?)

2: ) what way round does the + leg on the capacitors need to be? .... + to main board or + to aux lead end?

Many thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

Today I modified a 4500 model to work in mono configuration on radio FM mode and muting the radio audio signal. The point is to insert audio in the multiplexed line that goes to the stereo decoder and a ground line to the last pin of the reciever module thru a 33 ohm rezistor. The imput îs near the capacitor showed abowe in the picture. For more info please email me

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, gonzo2004@gmail.com said:

can anyone tell me a few details on this mod please?

1:) do the capacators need to be any specifica voltage rating? (anyone got a compoment code for the ones they used?)

2: ) what way round does the + leg on the capacitors need to be? .... + to main board or + to aux lead end?

Many thanks in advance!

The capacitors you need don't have a + or  - ,that is a different kind of capacitor.

The voltage rating dasn't have to be high, the signal is only a few volts..

• 3 years later...

I have just bought my first car happy to say it is an 03 plate fiesta i’m just wondering how i connect up an aux/ bluetooth for my own music 

59 minutes ago, jimmie said:

wondering how i connect up an aux/ bluetooth for my own music 

Hi Jimmie, well this may come as a shock but 20 years ago bluetooth was a very rare thing and most cars didn't have it. Those that did have bluetooth it only supported phone calls and it did not stream music.

Some models were fitted with an auxiliary jack socket that you could connect a lead between the headphone out socket of your phone and the car. Technology has come along way since 2003

24 minutes ago, unofix said:

auxiliary jack socket

If fitted - I think this was compatible with an MP3 player (are they still around?).

There were quite a few threads some years back on ways round this, might be worth a good search on this forum and the internet generally, eg:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/73273-fiesta-mk6-stereo-replacement-help/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club