Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discoloured Alloy Wheels!

john and char

Hi chaps,

My missus has a 57 plate Fiesta and a couple of months ago the front wheels started to discolour and go a horrible yellow colour. We then took a trip to the dealer, expecting them to offer to repair or replace them, and was told 'Sorry, there's only 1 years warranty cover on wheels. If you have a problem with this you'll have to call Ford customer service'.

Several days after registering the complaint with customer service we received a call and was told that they would only pay £45 towards the total cost of repair! Even after we both expressed our disgust at their decision, and that if they did not sort it we would NEVER EVER buy Ford again, they would not budge!

So.....

Has anyone else experienced alloy wheel discolouration on any model and, if so, did ford agree to repair them?

If anyone has I would be very gratefull for you to post pics so I can compile evidence to send to Ford that proves we are not the only ones.

had the same problem on my mondy and ford only offered a gratis payment of £50 so had the wheels refurbed myself and a colour change, ford only want to know when you are giving them money.

post-1458-1246724820_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1246725001_thumb.jpg

had the same problem on my mondy and ford only offered a gratis payment of £50 so had the wheels refurbed myself and a colour change, ford only want to know when you are giving them money.

post-1458-1246724820_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1246725001_thumb.jpg

I had this problem on a previous car.I cleaned them up back to new condition with tar remover and a good polish.Well worth a go. :)

Do you happen to remember your case number? I'm tryin to compile as much evidence as possible to hit them with!

Cheers guys!

i think i threw it away in disgust but if you want i will pm you my details ,only down the road in Burton.

Hi mate, Ive got a 08 plate Fiesta Zetec S with the same problem, Its only covered 18k and already the break dust has started to eat in to the paint and send them yellow, I work at ford and i can tell you that youd be better off having them refurbed ( By a decent firm ) because by the time ford have looked into it and youve spent hours on the phone and writing letters to customer support they will only offer you around £30 - £50 for you to get them done,

All the late fords suffer really badly from either staining or flaky paint on alloys (mainly front 2 )

post-7451-1246918981_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hi mate, Ive got a 08 plate Fiesta Zetec S with the same problem, Its only covered 18k and already the break dust has started to eat in to the paint and send them yellow, I work at ford and i can tell you that youd be better off having them refurbed ( By a decent firm ) because by the time ford have looked into it and youve spent hours on the phone and writing letters to customer support they will only offer you around £30 - £50 for you to get them done,

All the late fords suffer really badly from either staining or flaky paint on alloys (mainly front 2 )

Illegal number plate there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club