Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light On!

fordmad12

Exhaust temp sensor was written on the job card didn't see it myself, just picked it up, seems to have a bit more acceleration, more like I expected so alls well for now.:biggrin:

thats good then, up to 3 temp sensors fitted in exhust depending on age lets hope the other 2 are fine.

Yes lets, seem to be about £180 each.

• 4 years later...

I have had kuga 2019 plate just over a year i had it a month the engine management light came on dealer said it was catalyst convert so the they changed it 3 weeks later it came back on dealer said needed a new exhaust so that got changed. Then just before lockdown it came back on again it went into the dealers again end of june they said it was the fuel pump thara been changed i got the car back 1st july had it 17 days and the engine management light has come back on again. Cant wait to see what gets changed next 

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 13 plate Kuga 2.0 TDCI Titanium X four days ago, only 49,000 miles on the clock fully documented history, lived its whole life on the Isle of Wight so no motorways, and today after less than 100 miles of ownership the EML light comes on with the message on screen "engine fault, service now" fortunately I got a 3 year warranty when I bought the car so it's covered, but still, not what you want from your new/old car.

• 1 year later...

Hi we have had our 68 plate kuga eco for 6 months and today engine management light has come on very sluggish and struggling. It’s a petrol eco boost and 1 day over Ford warranty and they are refusing to help it’s done 20,000 miles any idea on the cause or if I can get help from Ford?. Thanks Jamie 

• Sad 1

What size ecoboost engine do you have ?

When was it last serviced and was that at the main dealer ?

You need to contact:-

Ford (UK) complaints contacts
  1. Visit Customer Services.
  2. Email Andy Barrat (CEO) on abarratt@ford.com.
  3. Call Customer Services on 0203 564 4444.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had the same thing I have had dpf taken off and remap and never had a problem since  common falt on kuka very one I know as same problem shame cos its a good car

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

My 2014 Ford Kuga (Diesel turbo) has been at the mechanics for almost a month now. service Engine Now warning came on, then the engine light came on and car went into limp mode. Tow truck driver plugged in the machine to see what the error was - it came up as the DPF. Our mechanic did a regenerative burn on the DPF but does not think that it's blocked as nothing came out of the exhaust when he started the car and took it for a drive. Car now out of limp mode but engine light is still on. He has suggested getting a second hand DPF?? He also said it could be a sensor but he has no way of knowing which one?? I know absolutely zero when it comes to cars - any suggestions would be welcome!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club