Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Costs?

dreadz

bbca709ea97a567b716f33e7f8f59c43.jpg

694f2a445a6e65c6191ba470f18258cf.jpg

Couple pics if underneath showing panels rippled etc

9adbddb76667ca7231148790a16fb7e9.jpg

7c0ea316550a7f21faf4fa0ab8ddf57d.jpg

Rear quarter panel dented in couple places, bumper written off with trim, supporting beam behind bumper bent and twisted, tailgate all bent with slight twist, rear lights smashed, inside the spare wheel space is not crumpled but where quarter panel is there is gap in boot where you can see outside. Also rear doors don't open now as gap in panels is now nonexistent. Front door also seems to not be aligned now?

Anyone take a guess on costs?

30mph collision too... Car approx worth 2.5k at most, hoping to get written if possible. Do the assessors have to quote with new oem parts?

Depends on your policy, I would bet rather a lot that will be written off.

If the rear door gaps have closed you don't want it back anyway, anything jigged = metal fatigue.

Yeah my main worry was the gap... You can force the door to open but it's definitely moved.. Also concerned about the panel creased under the car as in the 2 pics first. I don't want them repaired... Would have to be straight replacement incase any further accidents

yeah its a write off mate the frame has shifted if the doors arent aligned and as you see its bust the seam open and crumpled it

just as a rough guestimate...can anyone work out likely costs for

bumper,supporting beam,rear panel,rear light cluster,tailgate, -suppose there would also be labour and paint/filling/prep to go ontop of that ?

I had a rear crash a while back, no where near as much damage as that, bumper, bar, tail gate and window, rear lights, boot needed straightened out a bit, 1600 quid, it was touch an go if it would ever have been safe but just fell short of the write off mark and was deemed safe to repair. im sure yours will be gone im afraid

I take it they will include car hire charges in their figures... Think my charges are about 47£ a day through my insurance that they will be getting billed. So if it's a couple of weeks before job can be done then suppose that will contribute to writing off? Have I mentioned that I hope it is? Lol

Even without hire costs that is defo a write off I'd start looking for a new car do your home work on the cars pre accident value so you know what to accept off the insurance remember they always try it on don't be had .

Yeah insurance company confirmed earlier total loss due to costs.... Gonna wait for report and then for 3rd party to dispute my value... Should be fun

Just get on auto trader and main dealers and see what people are asking and then ask for that

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It's best way because u can say this would be the cost to replace with same spec

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

well insurance been on and advised offer of over £3000+ shall be accepting

• 4 weeks later...

£3.5k payout..relieved and now put this chapter behind me. never again will i purchase a ford with this engine in...or any other vehicle!!! lesson learned after turbo, remap ,dpf etc....good riddance focus 1.6 tdci 110 .

Petrol for me now on :p

£3.5k payout..relieved and now put this chapter behind me. never again will i purchase a ford with this engine in...or any other vehicle!!! lesson learned after turbo, remap ,dpf etc....good riddance focus 1.6 tdci 110 .

Petrol for me now on :p

Also damage was over £4500 to get fixed. engineers report was very extensive!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club